cell phone debate Verizion or AT&T

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

NEVER WILL I EVER USE ATT AGAIN- NEVER. worst company I have ever dealt with.

Back in the days of analog, att ruled. Best coverage, reasonable pricing.. When the digital age rolled in, att fell off the cliff. I remained a loyal customer for way too long. Prices skyrocketed and my coverage continued to shrink. Promised discounts that never were applied to my account, signed up under a “courtesy discount” because of the horrible service. Bill came and it was almost 3 times what on was quoted. Their excuse…that promotion wasn’t authorized. When I refused to pay the difference, they turned it over to a collection agency. I had been with them since the days of bag phones….. obviously there were a lot of calls to customer service with no resolve and too much to type out here. When I jumped to Verizon, AT&T refused to release my number and we couldn’t port that over.

Verizon has cost me a little more, but coverage has been better. Better customer service. Better and truthful billing practices.

I had a similar experience to Randy. We had Verizon for about 15 years then switched to ATT when we added a phone for my daughter. The ATT sales people are freaking liars. We went about 4 monthes waiting for promised discounts, my daughters phone was supposed to be free but after 4 months they said they transferred our existing lines incorrectly so we wouldn’t get the phone for free after all. I bet I spent 20 plus hours trying to correct the discounts and free phone talking to their customer service and going to the store we made the change with. I got no where. I finally filed a complaint with the BBB. They had a different tune then and my issues were resolved within a week.

They made a big deal about their relationship with DirectTV. They said I could stream anything we could watch on DirectTV and it wouldn’t count against your data. I thought this would be cool to watch football while out ice fishing. First time I tried I found out you could only stream the majority of shows if you were hooked up through your home WIFI. We are still with ATT but they suck.

MnPat1

Verizon works very well everywhere I have been. Canada, Brazil, Mexico, and Costa Rica it works great. Streaming nfl games from the Canadian border no problem. If you need a phone that works I recommend Verizon.
    Sprint and t mobile are a waste of time unless you never leave the cities.

hnd

have had all 3 major carriers in last 3 years. sprint is pure garbage if you travel. att is ok, but we lost a lot of signal is rural areas. We switched to verizon and ouside of a small patch in MO i’ve never not had bad coverage. i travel with a buddy who is on ATT and i’m on 4g often times while he’s on analog signal. he will be switching at some point to verizon.

price wise, att/verizon seemed the same.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Hey, OP, this was easy eh? jester mrgreen

No matter the promotions Verizon comes out with I would never go back there.

ATt p issed me off when they lied to me

NEVER WILL I EVER USE ATT AGAIN- NEVER. worst company I have ever dealt with.

Verizon SUCKs and SUCKS and SUCKS!

The ATT sales people are freaking liars.

sprint is pure garbage

FryDog62

Verizon bought up most of the rural networks years ago so you get better reception usually outside of the metro compared to the other carriers. AT&T has (deservedly so) about the worst customer service reputation – kind of like Lowrance.

…There, I did turn this into a Chevy/Ford debate, or at least a Humminbird/Lowrance feud moon

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I use Rebublic wireless, and I’m thinking of upgrading to Rebublics next higher level. But to do so means buying a new phone. The upgraded service uses T-Mobile. Currently I’m accessing Sprint towers and they suck.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I did not read all the posts. If you have direct tv and go with at&t your direct tv bill will be cut in half

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.