Cell cams?

• Red Eye

Possibly in the market for 2 or three cell trail cams. Looking for any recommendations. Currently using Bushnell Essentials, non cell cam, work great. But really debating on going to cell cams on property that is further from home. If I understand the Cuddelink system correctly, it will not work for me because cams will be to far apart to transfer pics from one to another. Any other reviews/recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brady Valberg

I run cuddes so no help from me but a buddy ran 2 stealthcams and 2 spypoint micros. The stealthcam worked for 3 weeks and after numerous phone calls and hard resets he gave up on 1 of the 2 and thats when he got the spypoint. Seems to like the spypoint his uncle pointed him in that direction. He’s used them for a few years and really liked them. Another buddy ran moultries until he switched to cudde only bc he was running 7 or 8 cameras and didn’t have an issue with the moultries just got to be a little expensive for him is the only reason he switched.

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

I’m running a few Cuddelinks 400yds apart. The nice thing is you can add repeaters (cheaper than another cam) to help link between long distance especially if you can get it up in the air. Some guys are putting either the home cam or a repeater up on say a silo or telephone pole and able to cover a 1mi area.

Red Eye

I ended up buying 2 Tactacam Reveal Xs. So far pretty happy with them. We will see with more life on em.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Tactacam reveal x are low glow flash . My experience with low glow are not good deer look right at them . On the other hand if mounted higher then deer do not notice as much . Years ago a Cuddeback employee told me to mount my cameras higher to prevent detection from deer . Carrying a step ladder gets old checking cameras . Cell cam mounted high ought to be the ticket . Now just try to buy one ! Seems out of stock everywhere ?

Red Eye

After running the Reveal Xs for the season I would say I’m pretty happy with them. I ran both cams on 3 shot burst mode the whole time. The cam only sends the 2nd of the 3 pics to you but the others are saved on your chip in the cam. The pictures it sends to you are not HD but you can pay to have HD pics sent to you otherwise all the pictures are HD on the chip. I had mine set to send the pictures once a day. One set of Rayovac batteries lasted from September 1st till now and were still going when I pulled cams. Overall pretty happy with these at $115 for a cell cam. The plan cost was $15.50 per month for both with up to 500 pictures per cam. Time will tell on overall life.

Walleyeguy34

I run cellular tactacams down in the bluff country se mn and I was surprised that the cell cams work in spots where I get no coverage with my phone. So far very impressed and the product is made in MN.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I have tactacam and bushnell. I like them both I personally have been happier with the busnell but with the pricepoint and it being the first year of it we will see what kind of life I get.

I ran both up north with little service and did not see any issues.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.