Steve dodges bullet

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

If my net guy would stop catching the pig of the night I might have caught Steve this weekend. I was off my game big time missed a bunch of bites, broke line twice, a hook thrown in my face, had two 19 inch large mouth bass try to eat cut sucker, saw a foot wide leatherback turtle come to the boat. The bite has slowed down considerably here but it will be back soon. It amazes me how much a 4 degree change in water temps can affect the fish. This one was 33.5 with a 23.5 girth. I shall kneel for a few hours in homage to the fish gods this evening to try and get back into their good spirits..Nice fish Clark.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

That’s a big fat channel… very nice!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice one Clark!

And thanks for taking some of that wind out of WKev’s sails! LOL!

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Hey Kev – Pressure getting to ya?

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

last year I chased you the entire season. I like the view from the front of the dog pack much better this year. Catch me if you can!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

When the days get shorter, the big girls put on the feed bag here. August is always a great time to fish here. Those are some high marks to catch up to you put up but I think it is entirely possible your place may be back a notch after this weekend. I’m not calling my shot or anything…100 plus degees outside right now, I can feel the fish calling me back to the lake.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.