How about these fishing laws!

• dr._flathead

Fish may be taken by pole and line, trot line, throw line, limb line, bank line, jug line, gig, bow, cross bow, underwater spearfishing, snagging, snaring, grabbing, or atlatl, but only as specifically authorized in the 3 CSR 10-6.415. ……

Any guess what state thats from?

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Missouri or arkansas

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Mizzouri…almost 100%

If it would have had 33 rods per angler it would have cinched it for me.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I agree Brian-Missouri.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

kansas or oklahoma? and arkansas has legal snagging as far as I remember.

shawnil

Illinois, 100 years ago….

Grabbing…of course! You go first.

Really?!? Snaring, Gigging? Got everything listed there except dynamite…surely that was just an omission.

shawn

Moores Bait

The last time I saw the Kansas regulation booklet it was only 115 pages, I am sure they have added to it since so I go with the great state of Kansas.

herb
    6ft under

Could be any state since I assume we are talking about a catfish.

dr._flathead

Missouri it is!!!!
    I grabbed a book of Game Laws while down there snowgoose hunting…..Pretty much a free-for-all when it comes to fishing….

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

All these liberal laws and they still have fish there? How is that possible?

The other day a new record Cat was caught in Virginia (109lbs). I’m not sure how though when people fish like this there:

…and we are terrified of 2 lines here???

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Dr. those would be rough fish rules. There are places you can snag catfish but not MO as far as I know.

However, game fish not hooked in the mouth or jaw must be returned to the water unharmed immediately, except paddlefish legally taken during the paddlefish snagging season.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

As far as I know you can legally fish all those methods with the exception of jugs and limb lines here in Iowa but most use just a pole and line, sometimes two. I sure wish they would raise the possesion limit for bait bluegills so I wouldn’t have to get bait as many times. I heard dynamite doesn’t work well, it crushes thier air bladders and the fish just sink. I have heard of recreation scuba divers in the lakes spearing rough fish but don’t know if thats legal and that was years ago.

mudcatkid
    On water

MO Title 3 (Department of Conservation) Code of State Regulations 10-6.415. Duh..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.