WEEDS on my line!!!!!!!

• natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

I fish on pool 8 and the weeds floating down the channel have been horrible this summer! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stay out of the weeds or keep them off your line. I’ve gone to a longer leader from my weight to the hook so at least my bait is free of weeds. But that only works until the weeds get so heavy on the line that it starts pulling out line. This has made fishing misserable. I’ve tried fishing in eddies and behind snags instead of in front of them. But the fish just don’t seem to be in those spots. Anyone else having this problem?

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Bret and I noticed similar things on Saturday. It seems early this year and you are right the fish are in the current or current seams so hard to avoid. Just a

kroger3
    blaine mn

I do not fish that area but this time of year when I pull cranks I put a slip not, bead, and spinner blade 6 feet or farther up from my bait depending what i am pulling. It probably hinders the acton some but not worse then weeds do. Acts as a chopper to cut weeds away.

justinwitmer

Same problem here, have not found a cure but it seems Tuesday through Thursday are not as bad. I suppose it is because of less boat traffic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.