Sturgeon Report

• brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Well I finally made it out to chase the sturgeon. Started out slow then my dad hooked into his first St Croix sturgeon. While I was standing waiting with the net I looked down at my rod that was bent over. GAME ON! First sturgeon double in my boat. Not real big but mine was 37″ and my dad’s was 42″ but what a blast! Then later as a bonus my dad got his first flathead. Not a lot of fish but a great day on the river. We caught them in about 40 feet of water by Afton. How has everyone else been doing with the sturgeon?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I heard a rumor that one boat landed 7 fish with the largest being 48″. Big drop in water time seems to have triggered the St Croix bite.

Now through the 15th of Oct. we should be seeing lot’s of fish!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

On Friday I caught 9 two biggest were 42 and 46. The water temp is cooler by stillwater than bayport. I had better luck it the cooler water.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

N8 and I cought bunch this weekend largest being N8’s at 53inches. My biggest went 43inches.I wouldn’t say the bite was on yet but it was getting close.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

N8 and I cought bunch this weekend largest being N8’s at 53inches. My biggest went 43inches.I wouldn’t say the bite was on yet but it was getting close.

N8 caught a sturgeon? Weird.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.