Scale??

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

What scale are you guys using for flatheads and sturgeon? I need to put one in my boat. For some reason flatheads seem to like my crankbaits during walleye tournaments.

I don’t want to spend a fortune.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

With Sturgeon approaching the 100 pound mark up at Wigwam, I’m going to need to rethink my digital.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I understand they go down into actual parts of pounds for walleye guy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Coffey Digital Deer Scale

Decent price. Anymore info? Does it measure in oz or 10ths of oz?

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Get a bow scale from cabela’s pretty cheap and weights up to 100 lbs. I got mine after I saw Steve D. ‘s

DaveL
    Stacy, MN

Measures in tenths.

They also make a 110 lb. scale for those who don’t feel they need the 220 lber.

Rule of thumb on a scale of any sort is to get one that can weigh 2 times the average weight of what you are going to weigh. This is especially true on a digital scale, as the load cell in a digital unit is susceptible to damage if it gets over stressed. Over stressing a load cell will in time depleat it’s accuracy.

Also these scales have a digital thermometer built in and also a total weight feature that will alow you to weigh multiple items (fish) one at a time to get a total.

In my opinion alot of bang for the buck.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Rule of thumb on a scale of any sort is to get one that can weigh 2 times the average weight of what you are going to weigh. This is especially true on a digital scale, as the load cell in a digital unit is susceptible to damage if it gets over stressed. Over stressing a load cell will in time depleat it’s accuracy.

Great info, I never thought of that.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I just bought the same scale. I hope it doesn’t stink. It’s coming from just one state South, it should be here quite soon.

tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I bought a 110 lb archery scale on Ebay last night. Pretty good deal. Built in tape measure as well. Only 36″ so it will have to be a girth tape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Hanging-Archery-Hunting-Scale-110-lb-x-1oz_W0QQitemZ120407619946QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c08da796a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Been waiting for that link. Got one on the way.

beckzl32

yep picked one up last night it looks nice

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

I received mine today and I’m very impressed. At first I thought it looked too small, but the more I though about it, it’s very compact and fits just about anywhere.

It feels well made (heavy) and looks to be quite accurate with the fish I weighed on it tonight.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I bought one of those scales through e-bay a few years ago but the batteries kept running out. It seems that it would keep turning itself on when I had it in my cat box. The on-off switch must get pressed to ON when it was stored in the box. I tried to figure out a box for it that would protect the on-off switch from getting pushed but I couldn’t find anything. The scale is in my junk drawer now – I hope you guys have better luck!!!

aanderud

Quote:

I bought one of those scales through e-bay a few years ago but the batteries kept running out. The scale is in my junk drawer now – I hope you guys have better luck!!!

I have the same problem with my scale….but at least mine is a 9 volt battery. The ones in that scale are the CR2032 or something similar that cost like 4 bucks each, and there’s a pair of them. Could get expensive if there’s multiple battery changes per year involved.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I’ll make a little box if it’s a problem and really there is no way I was spending $100 on a scale. If I got that optimistic, I wouldn’t catch anything for even longer.

This’ll solve one if you order a couple of weeks ahead. LINK

beckzl32

i just left it in the box it came in and put lt in my waterproof bag and it is doing fine and i also checked it against two other scales i have and it is acurate i like the fact that it is small i have enough bulky cat gear the way it is so i like the scale

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

he has a point, i plan to stick it in my bag where there would be pressure against it a lot of the time. after i get that floating living room, I’ll get a nicer scale.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I’ve used the same quality non-digital spring scale for over 15 years and it still works great. No batteries, no problems.

I know you probably already know this, but weigh your fish in a net, never hanging by the gill/mouth waytogo

Pitter patter

Didn’t pay attention to how old post was when I commented on it so be careful when replying to this post or the cool kids of ido will have a laugh at it . 😎

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Didn’t pay attention to how old post was when I commented on it so be careful when replying to this post or the cool kids of ido will have a laugh at it . 😎

I’d been meaning to respond to the original post, it just took a while to get to it……….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Dirk has a little catching up to do. )

Attachments:
    1. Dirks-15-year-old-scale.jpg

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Get yourself the most durable bathroom scale and be done with. LOL.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.