Pack some safety glasses

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

The bugs were nothing short of painful last night on pool 1. I wear glasses and it gave me some relief, but I would have given just about anthing for something with bigger lenses. There are all kinds of bugs hatching. The gnats alone were in clouds so thick it would nearly cause hellucinations(sp??) anywhere around lights. Lots of small to mid size bugs hatching, and I got grazed by a june bug at about 20 mph while motoring, I am glad it missed.

Years ago I used to keep a pair of ski-goggles handy in the boat, I greatly regretted not having some around last night.

Pack some eye-wear folks if you are running at night… it will save you some frustration and pain!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was thinking there should be some may fly reprots coming from Hasting and red wing pretty soon.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

buy a pair of cheap goggles. That’s what I use, at Fleet Farm they are like $10-12. Well worth the investment to me.

Just my $.02.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Down here in Dubuque we get all kinds of bugs on the river. I’ve had to clean smashed skitoes off of my glasses many times. We also have an abundance of little brown bats here that feed on those bugs once the sun sets. Sometimes it seems as if there are more bats than bugs. Just dodging the bats when running up the river is a challenge. 2 years ago I caught one right square on the bridge of my nose at about 35 mph. It didn’t break my glasses but it bent them up pretty good.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

eyehunter.. 35 mph at night? You have way more faith in debris clearing your path than I do!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.