Not My Average Day on Pepin

• gonefishin

This was not my typical day on Pepin. The walleye were slow, and then!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have pulled in many 40+ inch fish in my life without a net, but not quite like this one.

Hey you cat guys, 43+ inches, anyone want to guess on weight?

My daughter in law just happened to have her camera along and took a really funny video. It is 217K, can one of the moderators let me post the video?

larry_haugh
    MN

I’ll venture, 40-43lbs
    Nice fish…. I hope you did get a weight or at least a girth measurement.
    Can’t wait to see a video.
    If you post on photo bucket and put a link that will probably be the easiest way to let the rest of us see it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I guess you figured out where the walleyes had gone Nice fish, I hope you get the video up. Now the question is, did you have an epiphany? Is it now in your blood?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice! Look at that stomach too. She’s been feeding well and you got her in the daytime to boot. Well done. You may have mentioned it in the post, but what lb test were you using?

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Godfreedaniels

gonefishin

Rather lucky to be using a good real at the time,St Croix Premier, Corvalus, and 10# fire line. It took a long time to bring the brute up from the bottom and the drag needed to be working good, I was actually pretty nervous that my line would not hold.

My son did a great job on boat control as the current was moving pretty good and ol bucket mouth was not moving much.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice fish!

On that SP Blue rap again!

I hope you can get it loaded in PB…love to see that video!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Gonefishin…you are going to hate me!

I deleted your link to the Utube video called Gonefishin Cat….because it had f bombs in it. Sorry.

I’m sure anyone that wants to see it could find it…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Lucky I saw it before it was removed. The language didn’t bother me. It actually made me feel at home or like I was there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I wasn’t anything more than what I’ve said while landing a monster….but being a family site…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.