Anyone fishing for cats on the lower Croix?

• stcroixer
    Croix Valley

I have been reading a lot of threads, and it seems like everyone fishes either the MN River or the Mississippi.
    Has anyone been hitting the Croix?
    I have, and last night I finally managed to bring a camera, hopefully my solo picture taking skills will improve. Why can’t I remember to extend my arms for the pictures?
    I got a few bites after it got dark, but then i got this nice channel after a few hours.

Here’s another question: Why is it so hard to get a measurement after waiting sooooo long for a fish to get in the boat. I’m pretty sure this fish is in the 30″ range, but no tape measure was used and of course I didn’t wiegh it with my new digital scale sitting 2 feet from me I get so excited to get the fish back in the water and look at my camera pics I just took, and then I’m standing there wondering how big she was, unbelievable. Hopefully I’ll get it right from start to finish by the end of the summer!
    Good luck out there, and have a safe weekend
    STCROIXER

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Fishing alone is such an artform! She looks like a fat channel. I don’t know why you punched it in the nose tho (blood)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice fish Jarrett!

The Croix does have some treasures!

alan34
    MN

Great fish. I haven’t try there yet but I will be sooner or later. There are a lot of channels out there it is just hard to find them sometimes though. Great job on the pics. I was the same way when I catch the big ones.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

The Croix does have some treasures!

I think I seen about half those treasures last fall when a frat party(either that or they were filming a GGW video) went by on one of the paddle boats late one evening

Nice channel Jarret!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.