Who’s planning a 3 day cat outing this weekend?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m betting Jack of all species will be in his favorite cat hole. Just make sure the bank is solid where you place your tent!

If the weather is good..the FW and I will be spending the weekend channel fishing out of Everts…with the hopes of not seeing a snake. I think if she sees one on her first time out this year…she won’t get in the boat again.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Does fishing three individual nights count? If so, I plan on being out Friday night with the wife, Saturday night weather dependant (Tstorms forecast) with the mutt, and Sunday night with my Dad if all goes well.

And Brian, don’t go telling my wife there are snakes out there, I would hate to have an early night

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

I’m leaving tomorrow(thursday) for a 3 day cat mission. Got almost everything packed all ready. I’ve been thinking about this little trip a lot now that it is this close. Even had a little trouble sleeping last night. Not sure if that is the reason behind the lack of sleep though. I will definately post my results with pics.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

planning to go at least twice out of 4 days off – sat, sun, mon and wed.
    did pretty well on the eatin size channels last weekend on 18.
    and, brian, not one of the keepers came on your favorite dip bait. i’ll try and remember to bring you a jar or two of the good stuff when i come back north in a few weeks.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

I’ll be all over that one. I’ll be fishing tonight even though its our wedding anniversy. Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon mayby even Tuesday. Oh wait I will be out Tuesday, Man fishing is great to bad I’m sitting here at work thinking about it.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I would be if my freaking cousin hadn’t decided to get married this weekend. I told her the next time she gets married it better not be on a 3 day. Maybe the gas prices will go down before the next weekend.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I would be if my freaking cousin hadn’t decided to get married this weekend. I told her the next time she gets married it better not be on a 3 day. Maybe the gas prices will go down before the next weekend.

Just tell her you go to the next one.

little-t
    Plymouth WI

B/K

Don’t forget to pack your blue/silver Hot-n-Tots!!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I thought about pitching a tent for the weekend, but I dont think it will happen with 44 degree nights. I think I am going to focus on some daytime cat trips this weekend, and save my energy for following weekends that are warmer that I can take the family along…

I say this then my phone will ring friday saying *I have this great camping spot… you should come out*

I’ll know whats going on this weekend when it happens! I do know I’ll be staying clear of roads and heavily used waterways full of drunks, and busy boat launches full of those who launch their boat 2 times a year.

larry_haugh
    MN

I get to work this weekend. Probably will try to sneak out one night depending on weather. It can be tough on Memorial weekend with a lot of boaters. Will have to see how the weather plays all that out.
    Good luck to All you Mates on your adventures… Can’t wait to hear the results.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Rain or shine I was going to chase the Flats Hard this weekend but since I landed a Personal best Flat a few hours ago I may just Drink the whole weekend….

hanson

Quote:

I was going to chase the Flats Hard this weekend but since I landed a Personal best Flat a few hours ago I may just Drink the whole weekend….

Thats what I said too when I caught my 48 pounder and I haven’t stopped

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

I was going to chase the Flats Hard this weekend but since I landed a Personal best Flat a few hours ago I may just Drink the whole weekend….

Thats what I said too when I caught my 48 pounder and I haven’t stopped

Do me a favor and tip a couple back for me while I’m in the field.

I’ll pick up the slack when I’m done working.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

For all the motivation and knowledge you have helped me with Larry I’ll come help you for FREE this weekend.
    I think I’ve done about 30 satellite installs for family and friends over the years I even have my own compression crimper…

Thanks Pier.

audemp
    Wi

Make sure that crimper is rigged with 80 lb PP!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

For all the motivation and knowledge you have helped me with Larry I’ll come help you for FREE this weekend.
    I think I’ve done about 30 satellite installs for family and friends over the years I even have my own compression crimper…

Thanks Pier.

Sweeeet,
    Cut my work time in half and then more time to fish and play and tip them back.
    Actually you earned the break after the big dog mate. Bask in the glory of the Flat hog. It won’t last too long and you’ll be wondering about that thinks momma and pappa, or uncle.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.