Eagle Lake?

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Anyone fished eagle lake in Maple Grove? My uncle lives over there and said I could steal the fishing boat whenever. Unless someones got a good truck

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

big muskies in there, I guess there are walleyes in it too but I have never found them. its not a bad lake at all to fish other then the parking sucks and is very limited.
    just my .02

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

The uncle live right on the lake. His house is in the channel. So parking is no problem

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

well then it sounds like your good to go anything else you want to know?

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

just to keep this thread on track, I do belive that there are some nice bull heads in Pike Lake, (through the channel on Eagle Lake) that would work very nicely for flat head bait

audemp
    Wi

How do you get there from Minneapolis. Can you fish from shore? is it near parking?

Thanks!

catillac

Audemp- exit on 63rd Ave from 169 and go west. You’ll run into a small park that has some shore fishing if you’re looking for a mess of bullheads. Otherwise, hang a right on the service road that follows the west side of 169 and you’ll come across the boat landing and the spillway from the lake. You can pick up more bullies under the spillway, but the shore fishing is just in the launch area. I don’t know of any public land that you can fish and hit the main lake, but the park is a solid spot for cat bait.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Acually if you want to fish the channel there. Take 169 to bass lake road. Get off on bass lake road and follow it west to Northwest Blvd. Take a right or head north on Northwest Blvd to 63.rd ave north. And take a right turn. follow it right to the channal. You’ll have to park in the grass on the side of the road but you can fish the bank there.

Get on Mapquest. http://www.mapqwest.com Then type in Eagle Lake, Osseo, Mn and it will come up. If you zoom in you will see right where the chanel is on the south west end. Right where 63rd and balsam lane meet. Balsam lane is all homes The land on the east side of the channel is all public land. Wild life preserve. You can fish there!
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=vPNyT4IiXEhDoHCXtvQebw%3d%3d&longitude=c%2bH9IJootFuGQrbGGIyOvQ%3d%3d&name=Eagle%20Lake&country=US&address=&city=Osseo&state=MN&zipcode=&phone=&spurl=0&&q=Eagle%20Lake&qc=Lake

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.