What’s the going price for Suckers and Bullheads?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Medium to large suckers are going for $6. a doz at Everts with limited quantities…calling ahead is best. Decoys are $1.

I’m not sure what bullheads are going for.

I stopped buying suckers two years ago below the I-94 bridge as they were charging $19.95 for a dozen…what I would call large medium sucker.

audemp
    Wi

I believe bullies are 8$ a dozen at Moore’s Bait.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Hmmm….

All it costed me was the airtime on my phone and nice enough fishin bud to call and say “hey I’m on a mess of bullies, come on over”

One seine, two guys and about 10 minutes.

Never seen so many in my life.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

If your ever in LeSueur Country and need bullies. Stop out at Bever Dam and fish behind Geldner Saw Mill. You can catch them as fast as you can get your line in and out of the water and unhooked.

Quote:

Hmmm….

All it costed me was the airtime on my phone and nice enough fishin bud to call and say “hey I’m on a mess of bullies, come on over”

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Hmmm….

Thats why you were quick to leave me with all your little extras….not that it helped when Shamus air system did a nose dive number and we lost all your fatties.
    You wanted someones arse….

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Big suckers are expensive.. what used to be mediums are now large.. and will cost at least $1 each on the average no matter where you are(besides Everts I guess). True large suckers you are looking from $1.50 – $2 each… big decoys.. call them a gallon of gas.

Bullheads… leeches are $6-$8 per half pound at the right places… I have been catching my own on the same half pound for a couple weeks.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

I stopped by the 94 spot, no large suckers, and the “youngster” at the counter tried to sell me (12) 5″ suckers at the large sucker price.
    They are still there is anyone else wants them, and I will not be checking on thier welfare anytime soon!
    STCROIXER

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hermes bait in St. Peter – $1.88 each for ‘large’ suckers. Broke my heart when they all went belly up and we switched over to bullheads..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.