Flatheads and coldfronts

• jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Have any of you catfishin’ gurus noticed any major feeding changes in catfish during fronts? Do they turn off like some other species tend to/do they go on a feeding bender/ do they do nothing different than any other time?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

In my opinion…when the spawn urge sets in…NOTHING will stop them from attacking a bullhead..until the urge is gone.

Disclaimer: Test have been conducted in an uncontrolled setting. Your results may vary. Cold fronts have been known to cause cancer in CA labratory mice.

mile832
    MN

I cant answer for the flatheads but I know that coldfronts turn ME off. I dont know if I’ll bother goin out until next week. Fishing on cold windy nights is no fun…

larry_haugh
    MN

I would have to say that if a front shoves in while out on the water. The majority of the time its been good results.
    Last night I was hoping to hit it at the right time. Was a hair early and left the water before it came in.
    I think that if the front shoves in during the early evening is when you see the best action.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.