Season Tallies?

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So I have heard a lot of secondhand stories and seen a lot of pictures. In numbers, how is everyone doing individually so far? Now I see Manny’s 30#+ fish, but also heard he caught one in the 20s?

By the way, I found a new fishing partner while freeing my 2 weeks of confinement bullheads before I went up north.

I named him Brian.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Season Tallies?
    #524139 – 05/13/07 06:40 PM Edit Reply Quote

So I have heard a lot of secondhand stories and seen a lot of pictures. In numbers, how is everyone doing individually so far? Now I see Manny’s 30#+ fish, but also heard he caught one in the 20s?

By the way, I found a new fishing partner while freeing my 2 weeks of confinement bullheads before I went up north.

I named him Brian.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have only on 27″ wallabi to my name…and a bunch of channels…

…and pug…it’s going to take me a couple minutes to top you on that one.

ok…where did it go? Oh…here it is….

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It took you a couple of minutes to find the “Moon” emoticon? Look above the submit button in the “Instant Graemlins” next time.

Anyway, why would you get offended by having a tree frog named after you? It’s not like it is a toad!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Now I didn’t say I was offended…now that I think about it..I guess I should be proud.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

I’m at number 9.
    Biggest 22.5

hanson

Not that anyone is counting but I’m personally up to 6, with a 27lb & 32lb being the big girls.

2 other flats have been caught in my boat weighing 24lb & 14lb.

Its been good so far! I can’t wait for them to really turn on.

Best part is there are no other boats on the river and navigation is mostly hazard free right now.

blacksportsman
    Fridley, MN

I’m at 2 so far…a 20-lb’r and more recently, a 32-lb’r.

larry_haugh
    MN

Its really early for this kind of stuff…. We will have to make a special point to resurrect this thread a couple times this season. Last year I got off to a slow start and then turned up the Juice as time went on.
    This year has started with a bang for me as well.

todate.

10lb Flat
    38+lb Flat
    10.4lb walleye (rough fish… I know but 10+lbs deserves mention)
    17.14lb Channel

Also caught in my boat 16.8lb flat

lets remember to do a check at the beginning of every month and see how it goes through out the summer.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Are we counting fish in the boat or personally caught?

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Are we counting fish in the boat or personally caught?

Looks like Hanson wants to do the boat tally. I’ll go with it I guess…….. Its called me new boat thingy… I was pretty tickled when I first got my boat a few years back. Though I didn’t fish cats at the time.

I fully expect BK to run away with the boat tally given the number of times out

Nice going Hanson…..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

We can have both can’t we?

Personal 0
    Boat 1
    Walleyes over 25 inches
    Personal 1
    Boat 2

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Im starting the season off slow with flats.. only LANDED a 5 and a 13.5 pound fish… have lost a few others, and missed quite a few.

These next couple days will be bringing a major cold front, its hard to say what will be added to the *tally* for everyone(I dont have much desire to fish 40 degree nights )

What might be very interesting is if we could get a combined(group effort) log book type post going and keep track of what is being caught, what descriptive structures(not spot specifc), fish activity times, water temps, baits, moon phases, etc… anything that might help each other out, and overall may show a pattern to the fish activity.

Some of us get to fish much more than others, some have more success than others, and some of us are just lucky, or unlucky… either way, we all have something to share with what is working, and what is not.

I think we could all learn some great information over the course of the season, and it would also provide something to look back to for all of us when the fish pull a dissapearng act.

Who else thinks this is a good idea? I will be happy to contribute when I have info to offer.

mr-special
    MPLS

I thought you already had log book bud?

Anywho,
    So far 4 for me.
    #8, #10, #21 and #38

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS Thanks for hijacking this thread.

Brian “tree frog” K

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

I thought you already had log book bud?

I did keep one for several years.. but I got lazy in 05′ when everything was working and I was spending more time catching bullheadsto keep the *clan* fishing nightly than I was documenting what was happening.

Its very unfortunate, because 05′ was an ultra-sucessful year, and we were always on top of the fish.. even when they moved, and/or switched bait preference. Only think left is in my disoriented memory

mr-special
    MPLS

I heard something about a Glowing Creekchubb.

hanson

Quote:

Looks like Hanson wants to do the boat tally. I’ll go with it I guess…….. Its called me new boat thingy…

Wait a minute… I was not the one to add walleyes to that list even though I could have done that too.

You guys don’t want to start a big channel cat tally as I AM fishing the Red about 5 times this summer.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like Hanson wants to do the boat tally. I’ll go with it I guess…….. Its called me new boat thingy…

Wait a minute… I was not the one to add walleyes to that list even though I could have done that too.

You guys don’t want to start a big channel cat tally as I AM fishing the Red about 5 times this summer.

I like all the above ideas. I’m logging my every outing with fish, temps and bait.

Dave< this would be a really neat opportunity to log some numbers for Data Crunching.
    I also want to use the formula that DTRO has been using to calculate wieght giveing length and girth measurements. Seems to be pretty accurate up to this point.

Hanson, the rule is that you can only count 30inch 10lbs plus walleyes caught by yourself, with photos of only the fish in the bottom of your boat…. Oh yea did I mention that it has to be backdropped with Green carpeting

Hanson, Tally the channels as well. It will be a neat year and all should go on the board.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Oh yea did I mention that it has to be backdropped with Green carpeting

I have green carpeting….

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

Oh yea did I mention that it has to be backdropped with Green carpeting

I have green carpeting….

NO… No… no… not that type of carpeting… the astro turf kind you know……. the cheap stuff

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If I get enough tree frogs in my boat…enough to cover the carpeting…will that work?

larry_haugh
    MN

I’m only going to say that you get a P….. for persistance.
    start rounding up those little tree climbers.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Geez, I make a different post and by the time I get back here I see comments of glowing creek chubs, green astro turf(the cheap stuff), and walleyes.

Who’s lighting up minnows now?

More impotantly.. how well did that minnow work? I caught a big flat on the origional sylavania sucker.. hearing of other fish from reliable sources would add a fresh supply of minnow lights to the tackle bag!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

What might be very interesting is if we could get a combined(group effort) log book type post going and keep track of what is being caught, what descriptive structures(not spot specifc), fish activity times, water temps, baits, moon phases, etc… anything that might help each other out, and overall may show a pattern to the fish activity.
    ….
    Who else thinks this is a good idea?

Hmm…

As for hijacking any thread I start, that’s only fair since I get strip searched at the airport because they heard I was a professional hijacker.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

For the record, I am only keeping track for my own information. It’s all relevant to how much you fish. A better statistic would be fish/hr.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks for the image pug…

DTRO…fish per hour…and pounds per hour?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

well either one.

Right now I’m at about 1 fish for every 5 hours.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

My tally:

No runs –
    No hits –
    No errors –
    Luckily it is still the top of the 1st Inning. Lots of game left.

I haven’t fished that hard yet – I’m still playing with the boat. I’ve just about got it where I want it. You guys keep hammering those fish – I’ll catch up as the summer goes along. Things always start slow on the Croix and pick up once the water warms. I’m hoping to put one in the boat that will make all of your’s look like bait.

I don’t like the looks of the weather the next few days. I’m with Dave – I don’t like 40 degree nights. I’m not sure the fish will either. I think I may sit out this cold snap and watch you guys some more – it is entertaining watching the early season rush.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I started the thread only so I could sort out what I had heard and seen, that was all. This wasn’t meant as the seasonal post your flathead thread so much. I just wanted to catch up on, and get what I had heard and seen so far, straight. I would like to see a thread started for just pictures with a date and measurements. One started by an admin so they could remove any posts that didn’t fit that criteria and they could sticky it to the top.

As for a online fishing log…..hmm

I am not posting at 11:45 at night because I was out fishing.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.