interesting bite

• ms75449
    Lake City, MN

I fished P4 by the dam last Saturday looking for some silver bass. I was along the rip-rap up by the dam on the MN side. However, I caught a nice 39″ flathead while fishing… care to guess what type of bait? I had been casting a 1/2 oz white rooster tail spinner for the bass when I had an operator malfunction with the reel. While I was fixing the malfunction the rooster tail settled to the bottom in 14′ of water. When I pulled up on the line I noticed that the rooster tail felt like a blade bait. I reeled it up near the surface to see what it looked liked… it looked good, so I thought I would try jigging it like a blade bait for awhile. In less then 5 minutes, I had a hit on the upswing and then I was in for some fun. That flathead smacked the rooster tail on the upswing… she hit it so hard that she engulfed the spinner. The treble hooks were almost down to her gullet. Needless to say, it was an interesting bite. Oh ya, she was released to fight for another day!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Lies! Lies!!!!
    There are no catfish by the dam!

(Nice fish! Where did you REALLY catch it?)

ms75449
    Lake City, MN

You’re right. I’m sorry, it was right out in front of Dean’s new dock. Just didn’t want to give up BK’s hot spot…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s better.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

PS Ever since the put in that nucular power plant, them flatheads will bite on anything.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.