Liver hook

• BBKK
    IA

A guy came up to me today knowing I pour jigs and make lures, he was looking for a special hook made years ago specifically for fishing with liver. He said it was a long shank hook with two smaller hooks welded to it and some sort of wire to hold the liver on. I’ve never heard of such a thing but I told him I would ask the catfishermen and see if I could find something for him. He said he checked all the bait shops and online stores he could find and never found it.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Even just a name would be very helpful.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

I use a circle hook or treble and use regular sewing thread to keep it on..works great. Last for 3-4 casts even in heavy current.

Brian Lyons

Back in the bad old days when I was a kid, we used a small snap swivel and treble hook. With the treble unhooked from the snap, thread the hook up through the liver and then attach the hook to the snap. Worked for me

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

i still have a few in my catfish box. havent used them in years, but they work great.

just slide the liver on the “safety pin”

catfish connection has them.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

There’s also a hook called “the baitsaver hook” where there’s a flexible metal rod that slides over the bait. They play the commercial for it darn near every 10 minutes on WFN

BBKK
    IA

Thank you guys! I knew you guys would know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.