A fond farwell

• shawnil

It’s with a fond farwell that I watched the GWB (Great White Buffalo) get towed away yesterday…only fitting that it ended up in the hands of another catfisherman.

Guess I felt a touch nostalgic, so I put together a quick video to honor my time with the Great White Buffalo… Long May You Run!

GWB video

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice.

chirp
    Rochester

Shawn, looks like a lot of great memories. A lot like my first boat, an old sea king from Montgomery Wards. Did you replace it?

stevenoak

Sweet video Shawn. I had more fun and caught more fish out of my old Lowe flat bottom than I ever will my new Navigator.I think you should have made a coffee table for the livingroom out of it. But I know sometimes wives just don’t get it.

shawnil

No replacement, one reason I was selling was garage space…was only getting out a few times a season…

Just to correct the Chrysler was a 12.9… that’s the motor that came with. I still have the Mercury Mark 10 for now, that’s the one you hear in the short clip in the middle…

may get another boat down the road, not sure at this point…had some good adventures on the Fox, Rock, and Mississippi with that one…

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Many great pictures and memories. The simplicity of it makes it special to me.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

very nicely done!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Awesome choice of music. When doors close, new ones always open.

So long GWB!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Very well done

Whiskerkev
    Madison

You would be more than welcome to come up to Madison for a cat hunt sometime.

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

I loved your video tribute Shawn. I hope you can get another one someday and make some more of those fishing memories.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.