• igotone

4 the cat guys

Blue cats

great story from southeast South Dakota

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

The big fish was released at the Sioux City boat ramp.

Hello Minnesota!!! South Dakota gets it!

Cool story!

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Look at the head on that 71 lb’er! Looks like it’s still a race to tripple digits in S.D.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I was looking for that when it first showed up, but our outdoor writer is kind of slow at getting real news out. (only a week late ) Those holes they were fishing are casting distance from the State Park land on the Iowa side. I think these girls are getting fat from the Asian carp. There are sure a bunch of boats out at night just up from the Sioux City landing into the South Dakota/Nebraska waters

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I think these girls are getting fat from the Asian carp.

I hope so…but I’m more surprised that there are boats out fishing in asian carp infested waters. I thought it would be closed as too dangerous.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

South Dakota gets it!

We always have…. I hope other states will realize the benefits of catch and release phenom.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Personally, I just hope one gets it.

‘course I’m only seeing my side of the story. I sure they have a solid reason for this.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Man that is a huge fish

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I only have noticed jumping silver bullets when pulling into the cuts behind the wing dams or coming into the slack water of the Big Sioux River. They don’t like current that’s for sure. BK if you want to head over, you can use my boat, I’ll sit and drink beer. You better be good at fishing!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

You better be good at fishing!

Well, that shoots that.

mfreeman451

Any ideas how far up the Missouri river the blues travel into South Dakota? Would there be an imaginary cut-off line somewhere that you wouldn’t fish above, and if so where is it?

I’ve spent some time on the Missouri river fishing walleyes but now I’m wondering if I should have been fishing for cats instead.

.m

igotone

Quote:

Any ideas how far up the Missouri river the blues travel into South Dakota? Would there be an imaginary cut-off line somewhere that you wouldn’t fish above, and if so where is it?

I’ve spent some time on the Missouri river fishing walleyes but now I’m wondering if I should have been fishing for cats instead.

.m

this one was in GFP’s net above Lewis and Clark Dam – If I remember right it would B a state record also – came in at 105 lbs

can’t post picture — BK can U help me out??

Whiskerkev
    Madison

What a fine tanker that critter is.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

around here most blues are caught in the Big Sioux, the Mighty Mo. is where the channels and flatties hang out. Seen some jaw dropping pictures in some old timers garage of some flatties

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

I’ve spent some time on the Missouri river fishing walleyes

.. …rrr

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.