Better late than never

• cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Someone was hounding me for a report so….

Saturday night I took a buddy that hadn’t been to the river for two years. We got down to Everts around five to pick up some live bait. I had already decided the areas I wanted to fish so I didn’t launch out of the resort this time, but elected to launch out of Colville since it was much closer to where I wanted to be.

FYI the cat bite seems to be hot just about everywhere as a guy coming in from a failed walleye trip as we were headed out said all he caught was a channel on a rap, and a group was headed out to do some cattin from a pontoon as we were headed in around 12:30 AM.

Anyhow, I was not able to hit a few of the spots I wanted to as the water was much too low, but we did manage to catch some fish in a few other spots. Heck, we even got a channel on a crawler well before sunset! I will say I had a major brain-fart as I totally forgot to use my Sudden Impact fiber bait (or any stink for that matter)on a pole.

When we settled into our night spot we managed a few nice channel cats from the edge of the channel in about 13 to 15 FOW dropping off to 18 to 20 FOW on cut sucker and a smaller flat in about 3 FOW on a bullhead, and a few other missed fish to boot.

I apologize for the crappy pics (left good camere at home) but any pic is better than no pic

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Nice! Can’t wait to get out there!

Hey – is that big yellow reel an older Penn?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Don’tcha just hate it when you’re hounded?

What was the size on that channel? I’m guessing about 9.9999.

Close?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.