PB Catfish

• b-j-r
    Pool 4

Posting for a buddy of mine. Caught in Wabasha MN. on a sucker. No tape or scale in the boat but he’s guessing it was between 50-55 lbs. Congrats on a great fish!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What a pig! Congrates to your friend!

Jake_A

I need to try this thing they call fishing for catfish… Thats a monster!

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Most posts where the weight is a guess I have to cringe and think to myself, “You wish!”

Not this one. That is a 50lb+ fish without a doubt. I still wish you’d had a scale because I’d love to know the weight, but it’s a monster. Congrats!

Jake_A

Did you guys get the length of it?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice fish, how big of a sucker.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Most posts where the weight is a guess I have to cringe and think to myself, “You wish!”

Not this one. That is a 50lb+ fish without a doubt. I still wish you’d had a scale because I’d love to know the weight, but it’s a monster. Congrats!

X2 AWESOME FLATHEAD

X3

Its every bit of 50, but it would be interesting to know how much over 50 she was!

stuart
    Mn.

Thats a great big ole flathead.

lisak
    Red Wing, MN

nice fish! love seeing pictures like this

aanderud

Congrats. That’s a 50+ for sure. Those 50+ fish are NOT common, that’s for sure.

b-j-r
    Pool 4

Quote:

No tape or scale with this day

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

No tape or scale with this day

That is the reason I have 3 scales and 5 tapes placed all around the boat, and one of each in the truck.. just in case someday I hook into a fish like that!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

and at LEAST two cameras!

BJR, tell your bud, if this happens again to just take the measurements using fishing line. Then measure them when he gets home.

Dang nice fish whatever it weighs.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

that is a hog son!

moosemj
    Fox River, NE IL

Real good flathead! It’s interesting how fascinated we are by the size and lenght, just knowing its huge isn’t good enough for us… Not criticizing, I’m the same way, just interesting.

So should we start making our own guesses !

wisccatguy
    Blair wI

nice fish I’m so jealous

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

and at LEAST two cameras!

BJR, tell your bud, if this happens again to just take the measurements using fishing line. Then measure them when he gets home.

Dang nice fish whatever it weighs.

+1!! I had to do the line trick once. I just cut pieces of mono to the length of the fish and girth, then measured them at home.

jakefroyum

I did that once and found out I caught and released a 24″ largemouth in MN that was built like a toaster. Always wonder what that weighed. Got it on a leech trying to catch some gills for supper.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I did that once and found out I caught and released a 24″ largemouth in MN that was built like a toaster. Always wonder what that weighed. Got it on a leech trying to catch some gills for supper.

Another Asian guy also caught a huge bass, I believe it was a lake in Shakopee or something?

Ok found an article, but no pictures. He caught it n O’Dowd and it was estimated at 10#. I believe this was in 1996.

I hate to tell you this, but no pictures = it didn’t happen. Just kidding. Its not like you are making a wild claim.

My brother caught a monster largemouth in Grand Rapids doing the same thing. If I fished live bait for bass I would use jumbo leeches and smallish suckers.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Whoops, don’t mean to side track things. Just realized I am in the cat forum.

shawnil

…blown away by the sheer size of that one…can only imagine how powerful. Monster Fish on any body of water…WOW!~!

Quote:

Whoops, don’t mean to side track things. Just realized I am in the cat forum.

You mean to say there are other IDO forums???

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.