7 days ~ Sturgeon Excursion 2012

• stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Our crew will be back, who is going this year? Any body up there this week for some sturgeon reports?

We are taking a new route through Duluth, pretty good chance of getting lost again.

I’ll just leave this here. from our 2008 trip.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Leaving next Thursday morning at o’dark-thirty

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Another year of, “This is the year” to I can’t make it.

I hope Michelle enjoys her new damn furniture.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Pug, if I were you, I’d burn the honeydo list and put that funiture to good use!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Pug, if I were you, I’d burn the honeydo list and put that funiture to good use!

You crazy? I value my life more than she does.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m guessing he’s never seen Michelle in her Mike Beater Tee Shirts.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Signsmith has a sign makers conference in Int’l Falls that weekend and I’m pretty sure there is a software developer conference that same weekend in Baudette.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Signsmith has a sign makers conference in Int’l Falls that weekend and I’m pretty sure there is a software developer conference that same weekend in Baudette.

You’re good.

The issue is not getting permission though.

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

I’m damn excited! We are heading up at about midnight Thursday/Friday AM. Any ideas on a meet and greet kinda deal? MAybe some drinks somewhere one evening?

the better half
    Champlin, MN

It doesn’t look like there is an official GTG this year but in past years the Wigwam bar has been the place to meet a lot SE people.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

N8 and I have been up here since Sunday. Fishing is well Very slow It has been mid to upper 20’s last couple days and flurries.

Not alot of Eye’s being caught either per the peoples we have talked to. Fishing was good up until the Cold front rolled in last Saturday night.

Temps are steadily climbing now so we are hoping it will pick up.

See you all up here soon.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

It doesn’t look like there is an official GTG this year but in past years the Wigwam bar has been the place to meet a lot SE people.

So let’s just plan on an unofficial GTG Friday night at Wigwam, what time works for everyone?

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

I’ll be leavin for the wigwam lodge at about 11pm weds and hope to be fishen by 5 am. I’ll probably be in the bar every night so anytime works for me

tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

A big group of us from Rochester are heading up there in 2 days and most will stay till Monday-Tuesday. Most of us are staying at WigWam too. See you boys up there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Don’t forget the PICTURES!!

mr-special
    MPLS

i would like to say, good luck and im jealous

tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

Not much banter going on here. What’s everyone thougths? Fish 4-mile bay? Up river? Have the fish begun the spawn? Completed the spawn and on their way back out? Some of both?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I would fish 4 mile bay, the gap, right in front of the resorts and so on. Anywhere you can hold the boat still is a good bet. Up river at Vidas, Frontier or Berchdale would be good bets to but there might be road construction to deal with getting to these landings. Think the sign said road closed starting the 22nd. The best bites I seen up there the last few weeks where on a calm morning in 4 mile bay and right in front of the birchdale landing.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.