Missouri/Mississipi Blue Catfish video

• shawnil

Just checking the Team Catfish video page, hadn’t visited in a while. Nice video drifting for blues below Alton dam.

About 80 miles from where I grew-up, never fished the Mississippi down there….got to add that to my bucket list!

Blue Cats near STL,MO

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for posting Shawn, nothing like and angry Blue at the end of Jan. to get the blood pumping!

I’m spooling reels with Tug-O-War line and ordering those 9/0 Super J’s for flats and 3/0 double action hooks for sturgeon fishing this April.

Lot’s to do yet this winter…and winter is getting shorter all the time.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Whew! That video is pure torture right now!

moosemj
    Fox River, NE IL

Awesome fish, quite a bit different from the fishing I’m used to but I would love to get into something of that size.

shawnil

Very interesting, so the Mississippi below Alton (the last lock and dam going south), is a great fishery. But, once you get downstream from the Stl. Meto area there are only a few launch points at least on the IL side.

Never understood this, I know southern Illinois is not as highly populated south of St Louis, but the upper part of the Mississippi (in IL) has many more launch areas. Seems they’re missing out on some great recreational opportunity down there…

It’s like they thought without all the locks and dams that no one is interesting in recreational boating…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.