Early Bird vs The Night Owl

• joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I can’t do early mornings. I even envy people that do but it just hurts too much for me to enjoy. Who catches more? The Early Bird or the Night Owl? I suppose each season is different?

I work more like this

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Reminds me of when I was younger and playing video games. Its not a good habit to get into.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Too funny!

My wife is a morning person and always has been.

I, on the other hand can go either way as long as I know about it ahead of time and get some sleep prior.

I love the early morning just before sunrise time, but then I love the evening sunset time.

If I was king, I would sleep through the middle of the day!

But…when it comes to cat fishing, I’m a evening/night guy all the way. Only reason is because when I go out at 5 am, I feel I’m done by 9 am.
    If I go out at 7 pm…I don’t have to be back in until 9 am the next morning.

I don’t like to be rushed fishing.

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

I cant stay up past 10pm to save my life anymore..reminds me of when I was in the service…party all nite.. Make it home in time for a quick shower.. Make formation just barely then wishing I was dead during “pt”

As for fishing..”early bird” hands down.. And can never get a good nights sleep the nite before.. Wonder why.lol

moosemj
    Fox River, NE IL

It’s rare that I get a line wet before 10:30 at night or so. I got work, kids, and a wife so I need to wear those hats before I wear the hat of a flatheader.

Used to be more of a morning person, but when I got into flatheading I converted.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I think the hybred wins, burn both ends of the candle and when you run out of wax then take a break. Age is just an excuse I know plenty of old dogs that hammer it late and are the first ones up, thinkingthat one or the other catchs or kill more is just ligitimizing it to your self, if you dont fish mornings or you dont fish evenings your simply cutting your odds of stick that tanker you dream of in half! Family is a ligit reason but you can sleep when your dead!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

but you can sleep when your dead!

Tired people die earlier. I’ll stick to my excuse.

Quote:

A study done by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety showed that people who sleep six to seven hours a night are twice as likely to be involved in a crash caused by drowsy driving as those sleeping eight hours or more. People sleeping less than five hours increased their risk four to five times. A poll in 2000 done by the National Sleep Foundation showed that about one in five drivers said they pull over to take a nap while driving drowsy. Older adults are more likely to pull over to take a nap than younger drivers, who are least likely to pull over and nap. The same poll showed that people tend to fall asleep more on a high-speed, long, boring, rural highway. However, people who live in urban areas are more likely to fall asleep than people in rural or suburban areas (“DrowsyDriving.org”).

‘Morning Herb.

moosemj
    Fox River, NE IL

Coffee and energy drinks anyone? Thats my fishing season cocktail.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m a morning person, and while I like flatheads, as I get older and now have a family, my flathead fishing has waned recently. I just can’t do it anymore.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I’m an early riser but do my fishing whenever I can get to it and the weather will allow. I used to be able to fish all night and those days are over.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am definitely not a morning person. But it is funny that if I know I am going fishing in the morning the next day, my biological clock has me up before the dawn.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Eventually you’ll be attracted to females and then you’ll have to save an hour in there somewhere or turn into another Farmboy.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Eventually you’ll be attracted to females and then you’ll have to save an hour in there somewhere or turn into another Farmboy.

If only you could be so lucky

I have been known to curl up in the bottom of the boat and take a snooze once in a while. Makes 22 hours in the boat seem better.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I have been known to curl up in the bottom of the boat and take a snooze once in a while. Makes 22 hours in the boat seem better.

Do the catfish normally leave you a note before they slip over the gunwale? “I’ll call you”.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

What you do is you take your power pro and loop it around your big toe before you sleep.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

What you do is you take your power pro and loop it around your big toe before you sleep.

You know you had a bite when you wake up missing a toe.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.