Bluegills & MN/WI Border Water Regs

• shawnil

Or, y’all could just move to Illinois and use any legally caught fish for bait including bluegill, sunfish, etc.

As long as they’re taken on the same body of water or connected tributary, etc.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Walleye too???

I may have said too much

shawnil

As long as you observe creel and size limits, you could even use BASS for bait!!!

Crappie work well…

aanderud

Quote:

As long as you observe creel and size limits, you could even use BASS for bait!!!

Crappie work well…

Shawn,

You ever try using channel cats for flathead bait? Small ones, of course. Probably no larger than…oh, I don’t know maybe 15 inches or so…otherwise I imagine it would be difficult to keep down.

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Crappie work well…

Shawn,

You ever try using channel cats for flathead bait? Small ones, of course. Probably no larger than…oh, I don’t know maybe 15 inches or so…otherwise I imagine it would be difficult to keep down.

Channel cats don’t work well – they’re great at sitting still – bullheads outperform them by a mile. In this near-80 degree water bullheads and bluegills are rocking it as bait as long as you have good current. If you don’t have good current, move!

Bass would be wonderful to use as bait, but the 14″ size limit is a problem – too big is bad when it comes to bait, it becomes too difficult to pin the bait out away from structure, or in a place where it needs to struggle to stay put. Little sauger are great bait.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.