Who’s gettng wet tonight?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since it’s the walleye opener it’s a great evening to hit the rivers for some cats.

We’ll be starting out fishing in a channel cat location then as darkness approaches, looking for some wood.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Every night Beeks!

One of our real productive spots was checked last night – confirmed – and now fishable…. going to be some sleepless days coming up.

We had a monster fight for over 10 minutes and lost it 20 feet from the landing area. The bigs are coming out!

See you Sunday!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Every night Beeks!

I’ve been saving myself.

malomike
    River Falls, WI

I’m leaving to get the boat and bait ready in a few minutes. I hope to be on the water by 5 to do a little scouting. Good luck to everyone else tonight.

-Mike

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

then as darkness approaches, looking for some wood.

Fishing Blackdog are we?

Just kidding, I am working this weekend, so MAYBE some shore fishing. Next weekend, it is on though!

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

I’ll be sneaking around on the river this weekend also…look out BK…I stocked up on water balloons today…

stuart
    Mn.

Sure is a lot of new wood in a couple spots I checked out.Found a new spot that looks promising.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I think I’ll skip the comments to the last few posts…and just go with what Mike said…

Good luck all!!!

mudcatkid
    On water

Probably not – I got another turkey tag or two to fill. I can fish all summer. Maybe next weekend…

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Quote:

looking for some wood.

Don’t let Bret hear about that

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Its 45 degrees and there is wind. It seems colder when you aren’t moving. It seems colder when it is dark. A bit colder than that if you are in a boat. I doubt the fish really shut off but there’s warm stuff just around the corner.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

We ended the night with 6.

and four smaller.

With 4 rods out 2 with bullies, one with Sudden Impact and one with Secret Seven.

Never felt a drop of rain, but she was a cool one come 1-2 am!!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Any runs on the bullies BK?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Two Doug, but they weren’t a flathead bite and those ugly scaly things didn’t make it to the boat.

I’m not a very good judge of channel cat size…but I’m thinking I need to have my scale checked.

My digital claimed 8.1 on the first picture and 6.2 on the second. I guessed the second photo to be about 4 pounds.

Whatever their weight, it was great to get back on the water!

Thanks for listening to all my stories Pete…and I hope you liked the 2011 versions!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.