The Big Iowa

• theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Was told by two different guys yesterday that catfish are hitting shad guts in the deep pools in the Big Iowa in the Wapello area. Guys are limiting out with alot of outstanding fish. Water is really low so you need to be careful. Any other reports out there?

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I fished below the tube a C’ville yesterday for about an hour. Sadly, I can say the results were about average – no fish, lots of fishermen. I saw one fish get caught from the side with the ramp; had it not beenflopping around I would have thought it was a crankbait.

Going across the bridge, I noticed the lake was open, bays and slackwater areas were still frozen over, but it looked like there was a strip of open water for as far as I could see. If the weather keeps up, the ice should be gone in a week or so.

I don’t dare haul the boat down there, as my wife is about to burst. I’ll probably try some more bank fishing sometime this week before work. If anyone else is heading out (around CR) and is interested in some company, PM me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.