Att: Pool 4 Night Boaters

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

With the rain, the waters of Pool 3 are coming over the top of the rollers (of the Redwing dam) which cleared out a bunch of wood. This happened yesterday. I was out this morning and most of the wood has moved down stream but there are some logs just under water. Be careful out there in the dark.

Also there’s a dead head on the lock side of the Y. We attached a can with reflective tape on it the otherday. I noticed it is moving slightly towards the middle of the channel (towards the lock channel) each day. My concern is a barge will pull of the can and we’ll have the top of this tree just under the water.

Again, it’s rising water…be careful out there!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ps…see ya on the water tonight!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Also there’s a dead head on the lock side of the Y. We attached a can with reflective tape on it the otherday. I noticed it is moving slightly towards the middle of the channel (towards the lock channel) each day. My concern is a barge will pull of the can and we’ll have the top of this tree just under the water.

The dead head lost it’s marker.

It’s now move down stream about 100 yards and is in the path of most boats going to the dam.

If everything works out, I’ll be digging out my cowboy hat and spurs to lasso it and pull it towards shore…or at least out of the way tonight.

stuart
    Mn.

BK You might want to put on a pair of britches to keep the splinters out of you bum.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Whiskey for the men…beef for the horses.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

There is a log right in the middle of the WI channel down by 4th Cut, you can see it now due to the low water. It is right above the cut.

Jeremy

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Thanks for the info guys. It seems like every time I’m out, I find a few more deadheads. Be Careful out there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.