Bullheads as Bait Law Change – A Short Update

• dirk_w.
    Minnesota

The DNR continues to work on getting a rule change that will allow us to use longer bullheads as bait. They are “hoping” to have something by “next year”.

If you would like to get on the DNR’s “Request to Adopt” notice you should contact them and have your name and address added to their mailing list. A Request to Adopt Notice is a letter that goes out by the DNR indicating that they are proposing to adopt certain rules – in this case the bullhead change. You then can comment on the rule or request a hearing.

I made my request through

[email protected].

Thanks for your support.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Oh boy a Dirk siting. You do any good this year?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Thanks for the post. Glad to hear they are considering a change for us. I made a request to get on the mailing list.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Ya, we put the hurt on em pretty good early in the season. I helped coach both my girls softball teams. That, along with the low flow later on, put the skids on my fishing later in July-August. I don’t think I dropped a line in August. Oh well, spending time with the kids is as much fun fishing.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Don’t feel bad I haven’t been able to fish flatheads in 2 years. Been Hammering channels on the Yahara chain though. My twin boys are almost two now. tight lines. I hope your bullhead reg goes through. That is almost as stupid as only one rod.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d trade in the use of bullheads all together to get a law allowing 2 lines.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dirk I’m assuming Linda said everything was on track? No issues that she could see?

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

I didn’t get any indication things weren’t moving along. Of course the language was a little vague. I was hoping for a “it’s a done deal” type message. Hopefully in the near future. Check your email.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Guys, Please take a moment and sign up the the letter/notice.

This is a rule that we’ve asked the DNR to change, it isn’t a law and does not go before the legislature. The reason I’ve pointed this out is because if the DNR feels there isn’t any interest in this change, they can drop it at anytime…without notice.

Take a moment to make the request…even if you’re not a catfisher…we would really appreciate it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.