No carpet, No wood, No seats

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Nice rig. I see a couple places for seats if wanted and lots of room and storage. Should get alot of catfishing/multispecies fishing out of this boat.

Thanks, Bill

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice looking boat, i like those shorter jons with a coast guard bow. Nice place to begin putting your boat together.

demoncleaner
    East Troy, WI

Quote:

i like those shorter jons

That’s a 2072, not that short or narrow for that matter, and AVM that’s a normal 140 horse outboard. Right Rich?

rburns
    Wisconsin

Yeah she is a 20 footer and 8 feet wide with a 140 hp prop outboard on a power jack plate.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Yeah she is a 20 footer and 8 feet wide with a 140 hp prop outboard on a power jack plate.

WOW! That should fly pretty good.
    Thanks, Bill

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Looks can be deceiving sometimes, that a very nice boat forsure.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No kidding mossy! Needed some fingers in that picture to tell the size! I thought it was a 14′ in the first pic…

Nice cruiser RB! Have you taken it out for it’s “christening” yet? How do you plan on setting it up?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS…If you haven’t…I know that Stu has a room open this week….I would be happy to help you break it in on the Red…

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Nice lookin boat Why not camo?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Flatheads don’t care…

WhizzBang
    North America

Rich why no tunnel? if you had a tunnel that thing could of course ride in some shallow water

Whiskerkev
    Madison

That is an awesome rig. All you need is one of those rod holder bars that goes the along the whole transom….

rburns
    Wisconsin

I thought long and hard about a jet tunnel hull, but in the end I decided against it. The main reason is that I wanted a big boat as I have 2 young boys who will soon be old enough and I am in the transition between the stage in your life when you go fishing with your buddies to when you go fishing with your family. We take a yearly trip up to Stu’s place and interior room and comfort beats out shallow running in cases like that. And the 2 rivers closest to me are plenty deep.

So I wanted a big boat and this thing weighs 2700 pounds as you see it in those pictures. I didn’t want to spend more money on a hull and a bigger outboard and a jet drive and then be stuck with a rig that was too big and heavy for optimal shallow water use anyway. Also I wanted something with standard, predictable handling for the wife and kids to be able to drive.

I have driven a similar rig to mine and it has no problems in 18″ of water and can float through even shallower areas. The power transom jack lifts the motor pretty high when needed.

A 16′ jet tunnel is still on my wish list.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Wow is that COOL!
    Sweet rig!

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Nice rig RB. Couple of questions, how big is the gas tank and what do you figure you’ll get for speed out her?

rburns
    Wisconsin

Gas tank is 30 gallons.
    I am not a big performance guy, but I’ve been told it “should do 50”.
    There is no speedometer on the boat. I’ll have to get the GPS out and see what she does.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Very nice rig. Sounds like it would be very easy to keep clean.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.