Where to launch?

• cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Hi all,

I am in Minneapolis and Looking for a place to launch my boat on the Minnesota river. I have been hearing about these monster flat heads would would love to have a go at them Detailed directions would be great as i get twisted around pretty easy lol

I have been having fun catching channels on the mississippi. I would like to start on the flatheads as well.

thanks,

Cattin_Addict

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

From the DNR website: sorry about the format-I would have pasted link, but it is broken up by county

Minnesota
    River concrete
    shore
    DNR
    651-772-7935
    Hwy 13/NW 2 mi to Silver
    Bell Rd & Nichols Rd in Ft
    Snelling State Park.

MN River
    concrete
    shore
    DNR
    952-492-6400
    Hwy 169/Co 9, N of
    Jordan to site.
    MN River

shore
    Shakopee
    952-445-3650
    I494/Hwy 169, S to Hwy
    101/169, W to Scott St, N
    to Seeve, E to park.
    MN River
    asphalt
    shore
    Shakopee
    952-445-2742
    Hwy 101/1st Av, 1 blk N,
    in Shakopee city park.

vern
    Richfield, MN

The launch at Snelling State Park is nice and not busy at all. $4.00 for a daily pass or buy a season pass. There is also a launch on Black Dog Road under Cedar Avenue. Take 35W to Black Dog Road and head east a couple of miles. There’s a newer launch under 35W, but it can get busy at times. Take 35W to 98th St. & head east to Lyndale. Take a right on Lyndale & head south towards the launch. I think the flathead fishing gets better as you head up river, especially away from the dredged barge channels. The river is shallower and has a lot of good looking flathead water. Try the launches in Chaska, Carver & Belle Plaine. I don’t have directions, but they are not hard to find when you get to town. Vern

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Thanks for the directions, i launched near silver bell, under the Cedar ave bridge. I went up stream about 9 miles and found a hole to fish near the RR bridge. I stayed anchored from 7pm – 00:30 Saturday night and not one bite . i was using some large suckers on a 3-way swivel about a foot off the bottom. At least the weather was pretty decent and saw some large horned owls, wasnt sorry to see them leave, they can sure be very vocal . Perhaps with the cold front and the rain the day before that made the bite tough. Anyone having any luck over there?

Thanks,

Cattin_Addict

Ps. on a lighter note, because nothing wanted my large suckers that night, now i have lots of cut bait for the channels on the mississippi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.