Bowfin’s 1st Flathead

• cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Well I finally got bowfin out on the water yesterday and it didnt rain or have winds of 30mph and gusts of 45mph, this is a change for us

I will say this in the beginning, I got schooled

We started off at a new spot i wanted to try and within 20 minns he is standing up engaged in battle with a respectable channel, after he pulls her out of the timber, she weighs in at 10.4 lbs, I got nothing in this spot.

The next spot we tried, another new spot he hammers two more channels within 30 minns one at 6.0 even and a little guy not quite ready for the digital scale , again I got nothing but net duty.

Our last spot we decided to drown a couple suckers and it paid off, well at least for bowfin it it, he had the midas touch. The reel starts clicking away and he swings in to action and drives the hook home, with this hook set he swung for the fences if he would missed he would been floating down stream . He didnt have flathead gear with him today, just his channel setups so while the fish is having its way with him and making him dance around the back of boat, side to side, like the friend i am, i start asking him about his line, how old is it, will it hold and all that and snaping a few action pictures, he finally gets it up (the fish that is) and I again net it. His first ever Flathead weighs in at 16.8 lbs. Pictures will be posted tonight.

Yes there will finally be pictures posted of mr bowfinhunter (iliketoteasemealyandcrator)

CA

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Great to see you guys stealthily creeping about yesterday! Glad to hear you got into a few! Boy, was the current screaming, huh? PS, I liked your anchor! Wish I had that up at Mille Lacs on opener!
    Tuck

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Hey chris, nice to see you out there and stop by and say hi . My secret anchor works well there, Brian and I both have lost anchors in that spot, with my new design I have yet to lose it, maybe i should market it as a snag free anchor

CA

demoncleaner
    East Troy, WI

Nice job guys…look forward to the pics.

Jason.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

CA, I can give you grid coordinates on where I would like on installed…

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quit keeping us in the dark
    Still waiting to see a pic

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Here is the channel that weighed in at 10.4

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Bowfin’s First flat of 2005

mile832
    MN

Wow, those are great fish! Since Bowfinhunter gave me a new nick-name, maybe I should give him one. How about “Wilson”?

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Hey Mile High, That is too funny, thats exactly what bowfin and I were planning on doing with the pictures is the “wilson” look I am glad someone got the joke you show promise grasshopper

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I would know that background anywhere! Aha!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I recognize the background
    Nice fish guys

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

it is the only way i would resize them to fit

CA

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice going Bowfin! Skunked the guy that tells me he taught you everything you know!

Ps CA I thought it was nice of you to edit out his gloves…

Glad to hear that while I was chasing the elusive wallnut on Winni…you guys were catching some ….real fish!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.