Catfish guide on its way

• jeremy99
    IN

I seen the catfish guide today that In fishermen puts out once a year. There is some pretty good articles in it. It should be out pretty soon. I helped with a few articles so they sent me some copy’s in the mail. D. Strange said they will hit the shelves early in April.
    Jeremy
    http://www.tanglingwithcatfish.com

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

I picked up my copy today but haven’t checked it out yet. Quite the cover though….She looks too clean to be bankfishing catfish I think.

mile832
    MN

Looking forward to getting one. I sure miss the old catfish guide than ran 4 issues a year, but I’ll take what I can get. How is the fishing down there in Hoosier country? Blues still going strong?

Hey Dark, where can I buy the guide?

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Cool, thanks.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

I’m looking forward to both mags. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Pro-Cats Magazine it’s an on-line mag that puts out some GREAT catfish information in my opinion. If your into catfishing the In-Fish and Pro-Cats is where its at as far as written info

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

They sure got the timing right! Everybody is chompin at the bit to get out and wet a line! Actually, I’ve already had the pleasure of pullin in a few big city kitties already…Nothin over 4 lbs for me but there were a few over 10 caught….Mississippi/ Mpls is warming up nicely!

Mile 832, I picked mine up at a bait store. Last year I ordered it from IF over the net.

jeremy99
    IN

Mile 832 Our local Wal-Mart usually have them also. That is the only place we have to buy them. Hope that helps. If not Dark30’s right you can order it off the net also.
    Jeremy
    http://www.tanglingwithcatfish.com

fishhead
    Chaska

I think all you guys should email InFish and push for at the least a quarterly mag.
    I have emailed several times…Of course no one listens to me!
    I even mentioned it to one of the editors on the river last season. I should have told him he’s walking back if he doesn’t promise to put out more issues!

I’ll have to check out Pro-Cats. It was a free site at one time wasn’t it?

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

In-Fish must not make enough $$$ to publish the Cat Guide more than once per year. Actually, I think they came right out and said that when they discontinued the 4x/yr Guide.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Dirk, I think your exactly right. Not enough interest to warrant publishing a magazine more than once a year…if that. Besides, those watercolor pictures of little black fish sittin in the choice spots are all starting to look the same.

fishhead
    Chaska

Dirk,
    Thats what I was told also. Actually it was that there is less tackle promotion involved. Catmen aren’t filling their tackle boxes full af assorted colored lures. “Just a few sinkers and hooks.” So there is fewer companies willing to pay the big advertising bucks to support it.
    Heck, I’d pay an extra couple bucks to support a quarterly mag.

mile832
    MN

Heck I’d probably pay $10.00 per issue if they brought it back. You couldn’t pay me to read a BSS magazine though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.