Incredible early morning bite

• carp chaser
    Twin Cities, MN

My bro and I just returned from pool 3, got into some really nice cat action. Sat. night we caught one 12 pound flathead and had several decent runs that resulted in cut lines (gar maybe?). Fairly steady action for the first few hours after dark. Then morning came and wow did business pick up. Every half hour or so we had fish on, and they weren’t dropping the bait like the night before. We lost two huge fish in the timber and I managed to catch a 40″ and another small flathead all before sunrise. These fish are biting very agressively in deep water, all on live bullheads. Once the sun came up it was over, except for a couple small channels. Like Big Time noted, the cats are feasting now, if you can find them you will get into some fast action.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I got into some nice action on 5A Friday night as well. Liver on one rod and NiteCrawler on the other. Never had time to bait the third. Steady walleys on the Crawler and Several nice eater size flats on the liver. Kindof slowed down around 10:30. Quit after 11:00. Guess I should have stayed out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.