51 inchs of….

• cattinaddict
    Catfish country

51 inch’s of pleasure!!

I was out Friday night fishing with a friend of mine Rick, showing him why cat men do what we do. He was use to fish those silly wallnuts or green carp..whatever they are.
    We started off the day about 3pm and decided to gun and run for some channels while we waited for the night for some flats. We caught a couple, no real size to them, oh well no biggie, I still had the whole night to fish, and pray to the cat gods for some good action

Well at the 1st spot I wanted to try for flats, we double anchored (not getting dragged around by the flats again ) and tossed out our suckers, I secretly uttered another prayer. At 6:50 pm my rod tip jumped a little and then nothing, waited a couple minutes then watched as my line suddenly went limp, while I on the other hand…….forget that lol then it went tight again and clicker started running I grabbed the St Croix rod and hauled back, I knew I had a nice kitty on there, I thanked the cats gods then started fighting her to the boat, after about 5 minutes had her in the RP, my personal best flathead. If only I had a scale with me, mine wore out earlier this year and have been meaning to replace it .
    Feeling it was a sign, we decided to hang there for a while longer, if truth be told Rick never saw a fish that size before and didn’t want to leave, he wanted his chance at one.
    Well after a long wait and no other bites, I moved us to the next spot I wanted to try. We double anchored again and within 5 minutes of getting out lines out, Rick’s clicker started screaming , he grabbed the rod engaged the drag and the rod doubled over, I couldn’t tell if it was the rod moaning or Rick as he tried to hang on for life
    After the fight we took a few pictures (lots) and measured it, then I gave her a peck on the cheek and let her go…..51 inch’s, this was a very nice flat.
    This was a great night on the water for me, and no gloves worn by either of us to handle these beauties .

Cattin_Addict

gloves? we dont need no stinken gloves!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

NICE!!! VERY NICE!!!

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

C/A
    Why did my wife have to get a job this year?
    See ya

Bowfin

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Hey Ca – Beautiful fish and you got daylight flats. You need sunscreen for the time of day you caught that beaut. They are a gas to catch, aren’t they? I’m glad to see your hard work has paid off. You just have to have patience and persistence – Get that picture blown up and hang it on the wall. Nice fish.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Thanks Steve, I plan on making a nice print of that picture. This fall I will be gathering some of my nicer fish pictures from this season and putting something together for my office. maybe the wall of fame

Cattin_Addict

gloves? we dont need no stinken gloves!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Had to wait all week to see these! Nice fish…and Rick…be slimed!

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

great fish congrads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.