Wisconsin River Muskie pic

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I went out on the river today to test out my new to me boat and started throwing jigs for walleyes when I hooked up with this Muskie. It was a long battle on six pound test and I finally got her to the side of the boat to take a quick pic and pull the jig out of the corner of her mouth. In all the excitement I didn’t realize my camera was on black and white so the pic isn’t that great. I was more concerned with reviving this fish than anything else. She swam off fine so hopefully she is ok. Any guesses on length? I think it was pushing 50 if not over.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I’m sure it must have been a very nice fish targaman.
    Unfortunately, since there’s nothing else in the picture, there’s really no way to get any perspective as to how big it really was.
    Shame you didn’t have someone else in the boat to snap a picture of you holding it.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

That’s true Joel, we’ll just call it my biggest muskie ever.

adamczak
    Tomah,wi

Shane any eyes? My guess is low 40’s, nice fish I’m sure it was a fun fight, at least you got to see this one unlike the one that took me under the boat when we were out in Feb.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Low 40’s? Come on Sack! This fish dwarfed bt’s northern. Anyway, caught two short eyes. I wasn’t out that long.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Maybe mid 40’s.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

regardless of the length, looks chunky! Nice ski!!

adamczak
    Tomah,wi

It’s a nice fish hard tell how big in the water. How did the motor run? Going on Sunday, maybe to the mississippi if BT can get the Lund out. Sure it was not a dogfish? Just kidding nice fish

bigtroy460

That thing cant be over 10 inches.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Nice ski, Targa. That’s what I love about the river…never know what prize awaits you. I bet your 6 lb test was wound pretty tight after that battle.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Thanks guys it was quite the experience with light line and a ml rod

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Nice ski, Targa. That’s what I love about the river…never know what prize awaits you. I bet your 6 lb test was wound pretty tight after that battle.

Not to mention Targa…great fish

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.