Wisconsin River fish

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I fished the WI River with bigtroy today, and managed a 22″ slot fish, and a bunch of shorts. This fish pictured was finishing up dropping her eggs. Water temp was only at 36 degrees. Also caught and landed this beast of a musky on 6 lb. test.

castle-rock-clown

I will be on the river below the Pete dam working south in the alumajet this weekend. Hope to have some luck. Nice fish. Water temps are still low, I’m wondering how long the females can hold their eggs. Is there an amount of time where they will release them regardless?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

I will be on the river below the Pete dam working south in the alumajet this weekend. Hope to have some luck. Nice fish. Water temps are still low, I’m wondering how long the females can hold their eggs. Is there an amount of time where they will release them regardless?

From what i’ve seen and heard a lot of fish are spawned out already.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Nice musky!! Sucks that the walleyes are spawned out already. Havnt even had a chance to get the boat out yet!

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Holy smokes! Nice fish man!!

bronzbak
    Long way from home

That’s a banging ski man, nice job! Your hoisting that baby like a experienced beer hauler! Nice to see the BIG GUYS working it!!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

That’s a banging ski man, nice job! Your hoisting that baby like a experienced beer hauler! Nice to see the BIG GUYS working it!!

The BIG GUYS for life!

castle-rock-clown

So would you say I would have better luck starting at hyw 21 and work south? Hope to hit the down run if indeed the females have spawned out.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Congrats a that nice musky Targa!

castle-rock-clown

With the marginal reports and info I fished the Buckhorn bridge and worked down the Yellow river channel to the Wisconsin river channel then up to Devils island. Water temps were 40 degrees at the bridge and decreased down to 36 degrees on Castle Rock. No fish caught down river from the bridge nor many marks on the graph. At the bridge lots of fish hitting on both plastics and jig and minnow. Lots of shorts but several legal and some slots caught. Good luck had by boats and shore fishing guys alike. Castle Rock is low, waters edge is the drop off on the west side. Devils island is a high point on a peninsula, you can walk to it from the normal shoreline. Neat trip, the alumajet is great for exploring those shallow waters.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.