Wisconsin River eyes

• adamczak
    Tomah,wi

Well BigTroy and I made it out on the wisconsin river Saturday below the Petenwell dam. We went through 5 dozen minnow and figure we caught between 40 and 50 walleys, of course most of them were 14 1/2 to 14 3/4 inches. We kept 2 legal fish. Not many others catching fish they were fishing to fast from what I could tell. All fish caught dragging minnows with hook and split shot had to let the fish hold on to the minnow for about 30 seconds to a minute to hook them. We could litterly drag the walleys for a few feet before we could set the hook. Went back Sunday and caught about 25 with 1 17 incher to take home. Great to be fishing open water. No picturs because I forgot the camera.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I still think the first person to drag plastics around the outer edge of the scour hole in 13-20′ is going to catch a lot nicer fish. The issue of course will be how many boats are anchored up around it.

Good job catching some. The bigger eyes seem to be moving farther north on the rock and pete by the day.

adamczak
    Tomah,wi

Wimwuem, we tried dragging plastics they just did not want it. I do know one guy that fished late afternoon until dark that did manage to catch some on plastic including a 27″ fish. the way they bit on Saturday not sure if that would have worked. I hope to get out soon again and try plastics and a blade bait or two. I agree with you if you can get them to take plastic you will get the bigger fish.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Good job sack! I’m glad you got the pleasure to fish out of my dink!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Quote:

Gross!!!

adamczak
    Tomah,wi

Shane your dink turned out nice, except BigTroy could not get the trolling motor to work. I left a bunch of fat heads at his house if your looking to get out this week. Dink= small 14′ boat.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Gross!!!

My thoughts exactly. Keep that stuff to yourself

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

The name of my boat is “The Dink”. Some of you guys are twisted.

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

The name of my boat is “The Dink”. Some of you guys are twisted.

You should know better by now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.