Labor Day Weekend

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

The wife and I are thinking of doing a labor dy weekend/1st aniversary ‘trip’ camping at petenwell. I’d like to do a little fishing and try to get a few ‘eyes, but wanted to ask you guys of any other non-fishing activities in the area to do as it is desired to do some stuff other than fishing by the other half?

For the fishing as a rule of thumb what should I expect for best tactics for walleyes that first weekend of Sept? I’ve only ice fished Pete once about 10 years ago so I know the lake very little, basically not at all.

Any help on either aspect is greatly appretiated. Thanks in advance.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

There should be some good trolling on the south end of the lake then, but I’d expect a lot of nasty green algae slime.

Can’t think of a whole lot of things to do during the day, but there are a lot of fun bars on Castle Rock. The shipwreck is always a good time, and the Dirty Turtle can be pretty fun. Take a look at Mauston for things to do.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

There should be some good trolling on the south end of the lake then, but I’d expect a lot of nasty green algae slime.

Can’t think of a whole lot of things to do during the day, but there are a lot of fun bars on Castle Rock. The shipwreck is always a good time, and the Dirty Turtle can be pretty fun. Take a look at Mauston for things to do.

or Wisconsin Dell???

Mark

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I would go to Castle Rock if you’re looking for other things to do besides fishing. Like Marshall said there are lots of bars on the lake that always have activities going on. Buckhorn state park would be a good place to stay plus it’s close to great fishing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.