Annual Cass Lake Trip

• minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

Leaving on the 20th for two weeks at Cass Lake. Anyone been up there lately? I don’t need anyones secret spots or anything, just curious as to how the fishing has been. We mostly fish Perch when FW is along and I Walleye or Northern fish alone. If it’s the same as years past, the Walleyes will be shallow at night, Northerns in the cabbage weeds, and Perch scattered everywhere.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Ive done very well for big perch in the channel between the main lake and pike bay. Might be worth a shot.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Roll out of bed before noon ya lazy !!! Love, E

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

If the water is up, I am not sure if the windshield would clear the bridge or not. I have never fished that channel. I will have to try that sometime. If I can’t find them in my normal spots, there always seems to be perch on the west side of Cedar.

dhiggins
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I always fish the large bar that comes off the east side of the main lake (deadmans bar) or the east side of star island in 24 to 28 feet in August for eyes and do well with crawlers and leeches. If its calm and sunny they go deeper and the bite gets tough. As you said they come up shallow at night and trolling cranks is effective. Good luck and make sure to post how you do.

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

Thanks. I will be sure to put in an update when we get back. Two days ’til we leave. Woohoo!

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Any reports? I am heading up there Saturday.

dhiggins
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Haven’t been up for a while but I heard north part of cedar bar in 10 feet for perch. East side of star in 20 to 30 feet for walleye. Good luck.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.