careful out there….

• Jimmy Jones

I was just headed out to Menards north here in Rochester and made it about two blocks before I ran into really slick, fine ice on the roads. Slipperier than heck at intersections and on travel lanes. We have a fine mist coming down with temps at about 27-28 degrees. I turned around and came home after going about 6 blocks. Cars along the way slid clean thru stop signs.

No idea what conditions are like beyond the city but in town it sucks for driving.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Reports on Facebook for the SE Metro area are saying roads are super slick. Guess I’m staying in tonight!

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Taking the grandkids home, from Farmington to Eagan, I had trouble with freezing rain on the windshield.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

mn 511 has some good colors in the SE and NE and some N parts of the state now…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The sheriff at kick trip was telling the gas station, there’s been 9 roll overs locally. There was a mangled truck on a flat bed there as well

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i must have just beat the ice? me and the daughter took a road trip to Cabelas in Owatonna and got back by 2. roads were perfect at the time and no signs of ice. quick how that can change tho

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

This marks the first bit of precipitation for most of the state with temps under 35 degrees.

…Quick, everyone into the ditch!

Brittman

… it was bad last night around 11 in the NE metro. Drizzle and freezing rain first covered by an inch of snow.

Always people going too fast …

I assume everyone on this site knows that good tires are a necessity. I could tell immediately which cars and trucks were running well vs. those sliding and spinning on poor tires.

Even that 4X4 does not work the best when then the four spots touching the road are worn.

For most people getting an extra 10% – 20% on their tire mileage is less $$ than what their collision deductible is or the cost of a tow truck. That doesn’t even take into account someone getting hurt.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.