1. 2822398D-C445-47C8-951C-4BA3D37C5493.png

2. C683F51C-58D8-47CF-A0C3-67274BD6B737.png

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Whoa. Is there a story behind this?

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Not that I know, a friend on twitter took the photos today and posted. Maybe someone who fishes the upper miss near downtown knows something. @nhamm ?

I think that stretch has been locked up for some time, I’m guessing this was a wrecked boat that’s recently washed up and got hung up & frozen in place there.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That a jetski? Hard to see on the phone.

There was an abandoned old smaller glass blue boat with no motor at one time up by north steel, but that was midsummer and I hadn’t seen it since.

Be interesting to know. As mentioned that section has been locked up pretty good this year. No way that thing traveled too far lately.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Just glad it’s not your little alumacraft you were talking about hiking in! Hopefully everyone made it out!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I’m pretty sure its a jet ski. My guess would be an unmanned vessel.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Wonder what the zipline people thought of that floating by.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Just glad it’s not your little alumacraft you were talking about hiking in! Hopefully everyone made it out!

I just finished the portage cart today and now it’s too stupid cold to enact my hair-brained plan. In time. But I’ll be one dam down river.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Drove by ford Pkwy today, there’s enough open water up there yet… devil

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I love the cart idea but why not haul that tri-hull down to P4 instead of screwing with the little male walleyes by the dam (Nhamm’s exact words I believe).

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Plenty of open water just too dang cold for me right now!

Matt I’m being overly cautious, but I’m trying to hold off putting my 33 year merc50 in the water until there’s less chance of extreme cold temps. I know I can drain the lower unit fairly well afterword, just paranoid. I care a lot less about my 6hp, and it gets stored in the basement so I’m not worried about anything freezing up.

Also don’t want to drive an hour down there and not have it start. Not ready to turn our exterior water on and run it on muffs etc.

munchy
    NULL

Looks like one of those older style standup jet skis with the hinged handlebar.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Dude, you’re willing to push a cart down a dirt path and potentially get stuck on an ice sheet but you won’t put the boat on the river?

I get it, my boat died Saturday going up river. Quickly realized the fuel line popped off but I had a mini panic attack.

We’ll get out there soon.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Dude, you’re willing to push a cart down a dirt path and potentially get stuck on an ice sheet but you won’t put the boat on the river?

I get it, my boat died Saturday going up river. Quickly realized the fuel line popped off but I had a mini panic attack.

We’ll get out there soon.

Haha well you put it that way…

The ice sheet on the shoreline is a lot worse than it was a few weeks back when I was thinking about this, so that’s pretty much out the window at this point. I’ve been building the portage cart for long term use as well.

rubberduck
    east bethel

ISO…. Im looking for a gently used waverunner/jetski…….
    Anyone know of any? razz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.