Where do you winter fish?

• Outfitter17
    Lower Manitou Lake, Ont.

Alot of memebers have posted where they fish in the summer, I was just wondering where you guys take your winter trips?

What is the main focus of species in the winter?

Does it differ from the main species in the summer, if so why?

Do you like the adventure of snowmobiling out to the camp/resort then snowmobiling to your fishing holes or do you like to drive your truck to the cabin and have the camp transport you out to your fishing destination and back for the day?

I prefer bass/walleyes in the summer, but lakers in the winter.

sparky32
    Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

I do most of my winter fishing on Lake Simcoe, here in Ontario. I like searching out the big whitefish of the lake as well as the Lake Trout.

This I bought a couple of used snow machines so I am really looking forward to getting out there….

sparky

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I do most of my winter fishing on Lake Simcoe, here in Ontario. I like searching out the big whitefish of the lake as well as the Lake Trout.

This I bought a couple of used snow machines so I am really looking forward to getting out there….

sparky

SParky

Is Simcoe known for big yellow perch in addition to the whitefish and lakers?

bigpike

I am planning a snowmobile / ice fishing extravaganza 2nd weekend in January at Uncle Jeds cabin north of Minocqua. Have done very well for the big gils and big bass the last few trips up. Way to many lakes to choose from in that area of Wisconsin and very little time.

Robin Holden
    Nestor Falls ON

In response to you Jeremy, simcoe is also known for jumbo perch.

sparky32
    Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

Sparky

Is Simcoe known for big yellow perch in addition to the whitefish and lakers?

Ya it sure is!!

LeeMB

I usually fish Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba Canada. Sometimes the Red river in Dec.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.