Bluffy Lake lodge, Ear Falls

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Just returned from a great trip to Bluffy Lake. I’d recommend it highly as a numbers trip with plenty of northerns too. It’s a stained water lake with riverine features, plenty of weed beds, very fertile. The lodging was great, equipment worked fine, just a great overall trip. The only complaint would be with the average size walleye. Of course we had high sun and no wind all the days were were there, so I’m not sure our trip is a good measure of this lake’s potential. I’ve certainly paid a lot more for fly in trips and caught a lot fewer fish. This is a drive to place, but they are the only outfitter on the lake. A skilled angler who didn’t have to drag a novice wife around could expect 40-80 fish days. My best fish was a 40+ inch northern and several 17-20″ eyes. Biggest eye of the trip was 25 inches. Like I said, a numbers trip.

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

About the same results 20 years ago. A walk in back then.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Ditto Is it still run by Keith and Deb? I prefer Lac Suel, this time of year 100-150 fish a day. Larger fish some 27 – 31 and huge smallies. Anywhere the wallies are is a great trip though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.