Lower Manitou Stretch
    Straw Lake
    Sucan Lake
    Yoke Lake
    Cuddle Lake
    Mainville Lake
    Pipestone Lake – NW arm still has ice, but should be free by friday
    Clearwater Lake

We are heading up today and I will let you know if and when I hear about other lakes in the area.

Matt

diver1080
    Yorkville, IL

Outfitter, do you happen to know how long ago the ice went out on Clearwater?
    Thanks
    Diver

Outfitter17
    Lower Manitou Lake, Ont.

The official iceout on clearwater was Sunday, but I think you could get up to the portage going around the ice on friday afternoon.

diver1080
    Yorkville, IL

Thanks Matt. One more question. Do you know if I need a passport if I will be going up on June 19th?
    Thanks
    Diver

bigpike

As of June 1st you will need that passport

Outfitter17
    Lower Manitou Lake, Ont.

If you are born in the US and a US citizen, customs cannot keep you out of your home country. However you are supposed to have your passports by june 1.
    Both of my neighbors are customs agents in I. Falls, plus I went to school with 3 other customs agents and they all have been telling me the same thing for the past few months. You are supposed to have them, but they can’t/won’t keep you from going home.
    I have a group coming up on the 4th of june and 1 guy doesn’t have his passport, so I again checked today to see if he was going to have an issue and agent Shawn Sherotiak told me to tell him to make sure he had his driver lic. along with his birth cert. and he will be fine.

Again, I am not telling everyone they don’t need to go get one. However Customs in I. Falls will still let you cross if you don’t have one, I’m sure they will tell you to hurry up and get one though.

Good Luck

bigpike

The passport is for getting back into the states not getting into Canada so be carefull with that one…

Outfitter17
    Lower Manitou Lake, Ont.

Bigpike,

I was talking about getting back into the states. I live in I. Falls, MN and I was just passing on info that several officers have said over the past few months including both my neighbors and a few friends that work at the I. Falls crossing.

bigpike

I’d still be carefull, you are at the discretion of a person’s particular mood on the day you cross over. Bad day for them usually equals a bad day for you if they choose so… IMHO…plus there are many border crossing other than I falls were the border guards might have a different view on this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.