Canada Recommendations

• shady5

I am hoping to tap into the vast experience base of IDO’s membership in an attempt to find new adventures!! Every year my wife, son, and I try to spend as much time as possible camping and fishing in NW Ontario. We have found some pretty neat places, but considering the size of the province and number of lakes, we have not even begun to scratch the surface. The most difficult part is we enjoy camping in our motorhome and finding resorts that have rv hookups can be a challenge. Would anyone be willing to share destinations that we could check out? Thanks in advance for any help.

sjhauge
    Elgin, MN

Abram Lake Park. It is near Sioux Lookout ON. First class place & the fishing is fantastic the 2 times I have been there.

tim hurley

Fishing for what? Also do you need a snow machine?
    Thanks

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I have gone to Lac Des Mille Lac for the last 35 years. They have a campground area for motor homes, trailers and tents.they have shower
    facilities, with washer and dryers, and a small store in the office.
    We go to Pine Point Resort. It is near the small town of Upsala, which is between Ignace and Kakabaka Falls

Although I stay in a cabin I have several friend that stay at the campground for up to a month at a time. They are very busy so call ahead or go on line. The fishing is always excellent for Walleye, northern, smallmouth bass, and some perch. number is 877 429 8889

shady5

Sorry, should have been clearer. These are for open water trips. I usually chase walleyes, but am open to other secies.

Thanks sjhauge for the input, i’ll check it out.

shady5

Thanks Candofish! We have not made our way east beyond Dinorwic and are missing out on a lot of cool water.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You can fish LOTW from now until you have great, great grandkids and not see and fish it all. I just stayed at Tomahawk Resort on Whitefish Bay this past September. Very, very clean operation and they had several camping spots in addition to their seasonal sites.

shady5

Thanks Dutchboy. We hit Tomahawk about four times per year and you’re absolutely right about LOTW!

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Hi Shady 5

At Pasha Lake we have 50amp hook ups and water. We also have a main lodge for showers and restrooms.

We mainly fish Lake Nipigon and inland lakes.

Curious – what do you guys use for a boat given your RV situation? How do you work the fishing logistics?

shady5

Hi Chad. I pull my boat with our motorhome. It’s an 1875 pro-v. I usually like to get the campsite set and dock my boat so I don’t have to move the rv. I’ll check out your website and give you a call to discuss your resort. Thanks.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Tall Pines Camp on Wabaskang has a small campground with RV hookups at $45/night for 30 amp service, another $5/night for 50 amp(based on two people). Their own ramp, and I believe dock space is free if you’re staying with them(Steve will dump your boat in the water for you and spare the hassle of backing a motorhome down the ramp if you want). Beautiful lake, good walleye fishing. I miss it!
    http://www.tallpinescamp.com/

-Rev

shady5

Thanks Reverend. We hit Tall Pines last year and had a great time. Beautiful place!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

If you want something a little different, I’d suggest heading up to Selkirk MB in August to catch some giant catfish. There is a nice city owned RV park next to a great public boat launch. From there it’s literally as easy as motoring out and dropping a bait and catching 20+ lb cats one after another until your arms fall off. I highly recommend it! http://myselkirk.ca/parks/selkirk-park/

shady5

Sounds pretty cool! Thanks dtro.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Thanks Reverend. We hit Tall Pines last year and had a great time. Beautiful place!

That’s me; a year late and a dollor(or more) short. Glad you liked it!

shady5

That’s me; a year late and a dollor(or more) short. Glad you liked it!
    [/quote]

I appreciated you putting it out there!

Tritoon
    Austin, MN

Procyks anglers paradise lodge
    Have rv sites and a great place. Just check out there website for any details

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.