Canada gift package

• supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Since walleye central is become the new censorship of America I will tell my story here. Arrived in Canada Tuesday got a gift package which we completed Tuesday. Called purlator for pickup and they said they would pick up Tuesday it is now Sunday and still no pickup. How much does this cost the Canadian tax payer with actually no help to the cause? Anyways trout fishing is good boy s”*t it’s cold.

mike mulhern

Where you at in Canada? How deep were the trout?

Mike

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

It’s got to be costing a lot. We crossed at Rainy River (across from Baudette) in October. Got our test, did the video test. The tester couldn’t figure out that there was a drop box a block from where we were, even though we told her it was there. We stay at an island cabin, and she couldn’t figure out what to do. We told her there was a CO-VID drop box, but she couldn’t find it. So we said we could leave it at the resort where we launch our boats. She said that would be fine. We were on the island for 7 days, and they still hadn’t picked our tests when we left. The day after we got back into MN, we got a message that the courier from Winnipeg (WINNIPEG, MANITOBA) had picked up our tests. Winnipeg is a 4 hour drive IF they cross the border into Minnesota, which I’m sure they didn’t do. It’s 5 hours if they stay in Canada…ONE WAY. STUPID.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Where you at in Canada? How deep were the trout?

Mike

Sioux narrows area. Trout are 15-75′ depending on time of day but it’s cold up here -23 now. -37 the other day. Lots of snow and slush.

tswoboda

It’s got to be costing a lot. We crossed at Rainy River (across from Baudette) in October. Got our test, did the video test. The tester couldn’t figure out that there was a drop box a block from where we were, even though we told her it was there. We stay at an island cabin, and she couldn’t figure out what to do. We told her there was a CO-VID drop box, but she couldn’t find it. So we said we could leave it at the resort where we launch our boats. She said that would be fine. We were on the island for 7 days, and they still hadn’t picked our tests when we left. The day after we got back into MN, we got a message that the courier from Winnipeg (WINNIPEG, MANITOBA) had picked up our tests. Winnipeg is a 4 hour drive IF they cross the border into Minnesota, which I’m sure they didn’t do. It’s 5 hours if they stay in Canada…ONE WAY. STUPID.

Had 3 guys from our group do the random test in Rainy River this January. They all put them in the drop box and got the test results on the following Tuesday… when we were back in the states.

CaptainMusky

Had 3 guys from our group do the random test in Rainy River this January. They all put them in the drop box and got the test results on the following Tuesday… when we were back in the states.

Makes a ton of sense to test LOL. Being a teacher my wife was getting tested weekly on each Wednesday. She wouldnt get the test results back until the following Tuesday. She started feeling sick and took off on Friday, went and got tested at Walgreens on Sunday and the results came back positive 2 hours later. Then, her test from the previous Wednesday came back positive. So she was positive 2 days before she even felt sick, but the results didnt come back so she went to school another day.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Update. It’s Tuesday 7 days later and they picked up the package. Should only take 2-3 days and we will know what our results are. This should be great info!!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Update… got the call today from switch health today exactly 11 days from when we took our test and we are both not the father. I told the lady we got back to the United States Thursday and she laughed but you could tell it was just her job. So in total talked to 5 different individuals a total of about 2 hours on the phone, vehicle traveled 180 miles to delivery sample and who knows how much the lab fee is. You do not have to be good at math to figure the amount of cost this was. If they wanted this to work the sample should be given at the border.

Umy
    South Metro

I would tell you my sister and brother in law’s experience but it would seem like there was an echo on these pages.
    It’s just ridiculous. Why are we still jumping through these hoops!?
    Not sure how Canada is paying for these ( ) )but I know MY tax dollars are helping to pay for htis BS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.