Canada Border Extension July 21

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

No better time to explore what deep northern Mn has to offer than now. The Superior national forest and the BWCA have some amazing fisheries and hidden gems. There is world class fishing to be had in our own backyard if you’re willing to get off the beaten path.

I was thinking that myself but just didn’t post it. This is the land of 10,000 lakes and many more miles of fishable river. Who needs Canada. Spend your vacation money right here.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’m super glad we bailed on our Ontario trip months ago and chose Vermilion next week. Everything’s been booked up solid for quite a while. Some of my buddies wanted to hedge their bets and wait til the last minute, hoping the border would miraculously open just prior to our arrival.

Reportedly the northern Minnesota destination lakes are all busier than normal due to the border closure combined with increased numbers of angler hours this year.

sidescan

(Quote) reportedly the northern Minnesota destination lakes are all busier than normal due to the border closure combined with increased numbers of angler hours this year.
    I have been doing a lot of fishing with more free time. I have also seen a huge uptake in anglers in both Saskatchewan and Manitoba both north and south where I have been fishing with the Covid epidemic, I guess more people staying close to home to fish. Businesses seem as busy as usual. Lodges are full of Canadians. Most are being careful with social distancing and many wearing masks when in public. Almost all people I have talked with on the subject support a border closure for the the US for non essential travel until the USA can get their act together, which now is starting to look like maybe a very very long way off. Fish Safe.

Jim in Wisconsin

No one likes the intrusion of tourists except the people who earn their living off them.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Businesses seem as busy as usual. Lodges are full of Canadians.

That is far different than what I am hearing from the resorts we normally stay at. They are saying unless they get some $ help from the government, there are going to be a fair # of business’s that are not going to make it.

Jim in Wisconsin

Lots of mom & pop business here (stateside) are going down. They are the ones hurt the most by the Kung Flu. Their payroll isn’t large enough to benefit from the guvmit handouts. They secured their bank loans with their homes and they can’t make the payments. I don’t see much hope for them.

disco bobber

For perspective I just looked at Manitoba’s Covid numbers. 337 total. 11 active. There was a recent period where they went 13 days without a new case.

They are not going to want us up there anytime soon.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

July 19, 2020 at 1:14 pm#1958434
    For perspective I just looked at Manitoba’s Covid numbers. 337 total. 11 active. There was a recent period where they went 13 days without a new case.
    They are not going to want us up there anytime so

Maybe just maybe they have REAL COVID numbers!!!

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>disco bobber wrote:</div>

They bought in to the guidelines early, never had a large spike, worked with the WHO on ramping up testing instead of trying to make their own. Quarantined for people returning to the province in March and April were followed and there is widespread mask use. I’m sure it is just America’s fake numbers though

Angler II

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>woody-1961 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>disco bobber wrote:</div>

They bought in to the guidelines early, never had a large spike, worked with the WHO on ramping up testing instead of trying to make their own. Quarantined for people returning to the province in March and April were followed and there is widespread mask use. I’m sure it is just America’s fake numbers though

Canada has 1/10th the population of the US. No where near the giant metropolitan areas either. Comparing them to the US is like comparing apples to pickles.

Jim in Wisconsin

It’s important for the left to keep our economy down until after the election. Our governor is a democrat who had to be reeled in from his power grab by our Supreme Court. Perhaps Canada’s news media has not been bought out by George Soros and his ilk. I live in a county mostly republican with less than 20 positive cases and no deaths. To our south are mostly democrat counties with lots of cases as reported by their democrat controlled boards. I don’t believe a word of it, any of it. The mortality rate is almost nothing. Smoking causes more deaths. Wake up people.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You can be just as dead in podunk minnesota population 3 as in Toronto with several million people.

There is no justifying lifting the ban other then self-centered greed.

It’s the Canadian governments call not ours.

Toronto is bigger than Houston and has 1/4 the deaths.

A text from a high school buddy enjoying his fairly normal life in Canada right now:
    There is nothing more American than calling the whole thing a hoax, stomping your feet when it goes poorly, then thinking the whole world orchestrated it just to influence your election.

Have a good night everybody!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s important for the left to keep our economy down until after the election. Our governor is a democrat who had to be reeled in from his power grab by our Supreme Court. Perhaps Canada’s news media has not been bought out by George Soros and his ilk. I live in a county mostly republican with less than 20 positive cases and no deaths. To our south are mostly democrat counties with lots of cases as reported by their democrat controlled boards. I don’t believe a word of it, any of it. The mortality rate is almost nothing. Smoking causes more deaths. Wake up people.

‘Merica. ?

shefland
    Walker

Guess it was extended to August 21st, doing it a month at a time I guess. My Red River catfish trip and ontario fishing is looking very sketchy as of now

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Don’t expect to be able to go there in a month either

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.