Cabin cruiser

• isu22andy

Seasons in full swing . Wowza them suckers can plug up the channel well with a barge on one side as well. That was kinda intimidating for a first timer ha . Anyway , caught 6 keepers walleye today in 16 foot of water pulling cranks . Bandit deeps . The flickers with the snap weight didn’t produce like I thought . Anyone else out? How are you guys getting them cranks down there that deep ? Them bandits bow my little medium crank rods so hard it’s tough to read the tips .

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Leadcore you can fish just about any crank at just about any depth.

Yeah usually after 10am fru-sun on nice weather days the boats will be abundant.

isu22andy

Yeah usually after 10am fru-sun on nice weather days the boats will be abundant.

With flicker Shad’s 7s and Shad raps 7s that’s over 100 foot of leadcore for 15-16 foot of water . Don’t have any issues tangling lines with that much line out ?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FishBlood&RiverMud wrote:</div>

With flicker Shad’s 7s and Shad raps 7s that’s over 100 foot of leadcore for 15-16 foot of water . Don’t have any issues tangling lines with that much line out ?

Keep stuff tuned and be very attentive to your lines. The same leadcore spooled the same way on multiple rods acts the same on each. The most underrated part of leadcore is how you can speed up or slow down based on depth changes to stay in the zone, and it tracks the boats path perfectly compared to super lines that will cut corners.

As far as line out…we were running #5jsrs last outing at 160’.

More lines is great, until it isn’t. My brother and I picked up ~30 fish one morning this week with about an even mix of keepers and shorts while running 2 lines. Sometimes running 2 or 3 lines and constantly tweaking them or giving them your full attention is better than the shuffle of 4+ lines out

isu22andy

I used Colvill . Think next time I’m launching in the lake . Was way more peaceful there .

mojogunter

The North lake access was total chaos at 3:30pm when we were trying to pull the boat out on Saturday.

I used Colvill . Think next time I’m launching in the lake . Was way more peaceful there .

isu22andy

The North lake access was total chaos at 3:30pm when we were trying to pull the boat out on Saturday.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>isu22andy wrote:</div>

I saw hok si la had a tournament this weekend. Probably no avoiding it until the weathers crappy again at this point

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I believe there were more boat (big and small) out this last weekend then the July 4th weekend. At least at my perch in Red Wing.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FishBlood&RiverMud wrote:</div>

10′ rods out the sides and shorties directly behind each transom corner. No issues.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.