Cabelas\'s Predator Extreme boots

• Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Anyone have any experience wearing predator extreme boots for ice fishing? Thanks

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I’ve had mine for the past 3 years, I’m sure there are better boots out there, but these have done well by me.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

I have had mine going on 15 years, they are little on the heavy side but I will take that over cold wet feet any day. They are a great boot.

kabefisherman11

I’ve had mine for 5 years. They’re pretty nice never had cold or wet feet. They are heavy but they work. I got mine for $60 on clearance and I’ll wear them as long as I can.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

They are a good boot. I have bad circulation and have 5 pairs of cold weather boots in my basement. The Predators are the heaviest, but I grab them for extreme cold days. I owned the infernos before and didn’t like them.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Best boot I’ve ever had. No cold feet ever

grizzly
    nebraska

my feet sweat bad and then cold so will these still keep my feet warm

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Grizzly I also have that same problem. Have you ever tried White bunny boots? They are the other boot I am looking at.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Going on 8 years with mine. Oil them once a year. Still warm, still waterproof. Id buy them again tomorrow.

fishingdm

I have had mine for about 6 years and they are also the best boot I have ever had. My feet have never been cold in them. They are a little on the big side and take a little getting used to. However, they are more comfortable to walk in than other boots I have had. Haven’t had sore feet at the end of the day.

fishingdm

Going on 8 years with mine. Oil them once a year. Still warm, still waterproof. Id buy them again tomorrow.

What kind of oil do you use?

grizzly
    nebraska

Grizzly I also have that same problem. Have you ever tried White bunny boots? They are the other boot I am looking at.

I will have to look them up, thanks

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I have had these boots for 6 seasons as well. Little on the heavy side, but feet stay dry and warm. I will take warm and dry over weight any day. Only down side is they are tough to get ice cleats on and off.
    I would buy a 2nd pair today.

zooks

This is the 13th season for mine and would buy another pair in a heartbeat. Besides how warm they are, my favorite thing about them is they’re virtually indestructible – I have no fear of damaging the boots or hurting my feet when trying to kick open an old hole or knock down some frozen slush.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think they are made for small to avg feet. I wear 12 and just tried on a pair of 13’s. They did not fit at all with one pair of daily socks. WAY too small.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

My feet sweat also i use Gold Bond powder ,it helps . Also use the Extremes bulky but you get used to them.

grizzly
    nebraska

you guys just wear them ice fishing or in the boat and tree stands also?

grizzly
    nebraska

Anyone have any experience wearing predator extreme boots for ice fishing? Thanks

don’t know what I am doing wrong but I cant find these on cabela’s site, any help?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

you guys just wear them ice fishing or in the boat and tree stands also?

I wear them in the boat and tree.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rivergills wrote:</div>

don’t know what I am doing wrong but I cant find these on cabela’s site, any help?

Brown colored one are sold out for the season. I ordered a camo pair last night and they sent me a email that they are back ordered. So I guess I will wait and see if I get them. Otherwise I will order them next year. Also could check the stores for some.
    Just checked and looks like both colors are sold out . Had to google it to find them.

grizzly
    nebraska

so there not on cabela’s website?

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

They were on there but must have taken them off the website when they sold out I think. The camo ones were on there website last night but I see they are not now either.

milemark_714

They had a super sale on boots after Christmas.I got a pair of brown,and a pair of the black Inferno 2000.They run small,so if you wear a size 10,size 12 is comfortable.
    Hope they last longer than Rocky blizzard stalkers,4 seasons and the sole was almost falling off.

grizzly
    nebraska

are they as warm as the extremes

zooks

They were on there but must have taken them off the website when they sold out I think. The camo ones were on there website last night but I see they are not now either.

They’re likely sold out for the season after the clearance sale they had – one of my BIL’s tried to buy some this week as well and was told, in the Rogers store, that they can’t order any more at this point. I’d keep checking online throughout the winter just in case the reallocate inventory and/or find some in a warehouse somewhere.

In comparing the Inferno 2000 vs the Predator Extreme, here’s the insulation:
    Inferno’s have 2000G Thinsulate
    Predator Extreme have 1200G Thinsulate + a 9MM liner

I would say the combo of the liner + Thinsulate beats heavier Thinsulate only. Hope this helps, good luck.

grizzly
    nebraska

would like to find something this good before spring, weather permitting we are going up to fish the rainy river soon as ice is off. last year my feet were the worst to keep warm and want to have something by then

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Question for the guys wearing them. Is there a insole or mid-sole that you can remove also or is there just the felt liner that can be removed to dry.
    Thanks

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Just a liner, but I believe there’s a pocket in bottom of liner that u can put handwarmer in. Never used one, no need to even in -30 my feet stay warm

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.